Quicktime video of the Perot Museum Alamosaurus airlift from the UTD dig site in Big Bend National Park. (click image)
Ex-UTD student Dana Biasatti for the discovery. She is now a research scientist.
Big Bend National Park and the Department of the Interior for approval for this project.
Bell Helicopter for fantastic flying. They also flew the airlift free of charge.
UTD students who worked tirelessly during trips over a period of two years.
Perot Museum staff for assistance during the final week.
(a partial list of accounts about the adventures of UTD students)
- Reeves, Gary, 1998, Dinosaur Dig in Big Bend National Park: WFAA-TV (ABC), Jun 16, 3 min 15 sec.
- Tiberi, Dayle, 1999, UTD dinosaur excavation at Big Bend uncovers Alamosauruses: UTD Digital Mercury, April, 26, v. 19, Issue 28.
- Whitaker, Bill, 1999, Dino fever has CHS students kicking up dust: Abilene Reporter-News, Dec. 20.
- Henderson, Jim, 2000, Huge fossils are found in Big Bend: Houston Chronicle. Jan. 3.
- Kabel, Marcus, 2000, Huge dinosaurs neck bones found, Texas discovery adds to the mystery surrounding sauropods: Reuters, Feb 1.
- CNN.com, 2000, Huge dinosaur's neck bones unearthed in Texas: AP, Feb. 2.
- Milligan, Jessie, 2000, A college student discovered the find of a lifetime in Big Bend -- the remains of a dinosaur tall enough to peek in a third-floor window: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Aug. 19.
- CBS News.com, 2001, Dinosaur Bones Airlifted From Tomb: May 8.
- Discovery Channel, 2001, Massive Dino Bones Shipped for Study: May 8.
- New York Times, 2001, Dinosaur bones airlifted from tomb: AP, May 8.
- Witze, Alexandra, 2001, Fossils' new digs: Dinosaur bones arrive at Dallas museum after airlift ends 5-year effort at Big Bend: The Dallas Morning News, Front page. May 9.
- Der Spiegel Online, 2001,http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/alamosaurus-der-groesste-saurier-ging-in-die-luft-a-132904.html
- Bourgeois, Paul, 2001, BONE VOYAGE, Work on moving dinosaur skeleton gets lift from Bell Helicopter: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Metro Section. July 20.
- Ellis, Tiara, 2003, Plano's skeleton crew, It's no Jurassic Park, but teachers dig fossil site near Big Bend: The Dallas Morning News, Front page of the Metro Section, Apr 13.
- National Park Service, Dinosaur Excavation: http://www.nps.gov/bibe/dinopics.htm
- Razzuk, Mary Ann, 2004, Report on our excavations in the Big Bend area. WFAA-TV (ABC), July 13, Five O'clock News
- Sparks, J.D., 2004, Team tackles dinosaur mysteries: Fort Worth Star Telegram, Northeast & Region, July 14. Picked up and reprinted in several other Texas papers.