- Montgomery and Barnes, 2012, Paleolimnology of Uppermost Cretaceous Lacustrine Deposits in Western Texas. Palaios, v. 27, p. 386-394.
- Montgomery and Donaldson, 2014, Using Problem-Based Learning to Deliver a More Authentic Experience in Paleontology. Journal of Geoscience Education, v. 62, p. 714-724.
Measured section in the Javelina Formation near Study Butte, Texas.
Complete in 2015
- Evaluation of a problem-based learning course (Basis of Evolution) for honors undergraduates.
- Montgomery and Clark, Paleoecology of a fossil site in the Aguja Formation (manuscript in review).
Presently and into the future
- Paleotempestology of the Gulf of Mexico margin. My goal is to trace major storms back in time for a few thousand years based on sedimentology, paleontology, and radiometric dating.
- Broad range of coastal geology research.