Measured section in the Javelina Formation near Study Butte, Texas.
- Using problem-based learning to deliver a more authentic experience in paleontology. Journal of Geoscience Education (Paper published, 2014).
- Evaluation of a problem-based learning course (Basis of Evolution) for honors undergraduates.
- Paleoecology of the Gaddis site in the Aguja Formation. Below is a coprolite, one of 24 discovered at this site along with dinosaurs, microvertebrates (from mammals to snakes), turtles, pterosaurs, leaves, vines, and other interesting items (manuscript in review).
- Paleoecology paper about the Boquillas sea floor in the Big Bend of Texas that should be complete by late 2015. This is my last research project in the Big Bend.
- Paleotempestology of the Gulf of Mexico margin. It should be possible to trace major storms back in time for a few thousand years based on sedimentology, paleontology, and radiometric dating results. My research is definitely heading off into coastal geology.