CS 6v81, Fall 2012
Course Outline, Projects, Related Info
Prerequisite:Consent of Teacher; Under-grad operating systems, networking, data structures.
- Introduction to Multimedia Systems
- Broad characteristics, requirements, and what makes them different
- Operating System Requirements
- Disk layout, and scheduling.
Media Characteristics & Compression Techniques
- Audio, Images, Video, 3D Models, and 3D Motions
- Metadata Generation
- Image & Video Segmentation, Shape-based 3D Retrieval
- Indexing Structures
- R-trees family, Interval trees family, Special structures for 3D Motion data indexing
- Streaming Multimedia Data
- Video streaming, 3D models streaming, 3D animation streaming
- Watermarking Techniques & Security
- General strategies, emphasis on 3D watermarking, Security Architectures.
- Multimedia Server Architectures
Reference Book: "Multimedia Database Management Systems",
B. Prabhakaran, Kluwer Academic publishers.
Reference Book: "Multimedia Systems" (X.media.publishing) by Ralf Steinmetz and Klara Nahrstedt (Kindle Edition - April 28, 2004) - Kindle Book
Reference Papers: Each chapter in the text book has a set of
reference papers from which the topics are discussed. Students
can go through the topics in more detail by reading those reference
| Teaching Assistant: Ziying Tang||
|Email: [email protected] || |
|Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday 4:45-6:45pm in my Lab: ECSS 4.416;