|Supply Chain Management|
|Partially Observed Inventory Models|
|Hierarchical Decisions in Dynamic Stochastic Manufacturing Systems|
|Dynamic and Stochastic Advertising Models|
|Optimal Pricing, Development and Maintenance of Software|
|Decision, Forecast, and Rolling Horizons in Dynamic Optimization Problems|
|Scheduling and Sequencing of Robotic Cells|
|Genuine Savings and Value of Population|
Back to main page
Sethi, S.P. and Thompson, G.L., Optimal Control Theory: Applications to Management Science, Martinus Nijhoff, Boston, 1981 (481 pages); reviewed by D. Luenberger in Interfaces, June 1982; R. Neck in European J. of Operational Research, Sept. 1982, W. Davis in J.A.S.A., Sept.1984; R. Vickson in INFOR, May 1985, and others.
Sethi, S.P. and Zhang, Q., Hierarchical Decision Making in Stochastic Manufacturing Systems, in series Systems and Control: Foundations and Applications, Birkhäuser Boston, Cambridge, MA, 1994 (419 pages - ISBN 0-8176-3735-4); reviews in Mathematical Reviews, 1995; Short Book Reviews, Aug. 1995; Control Engineering Practice, Aug. 1995; J. of Economic Literature, Sept. 1995; Computing Reviews, Nov. 1995; Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, July 1996; Interfaces, July-Aug. 1996; Optimization, 1996; IEEE-AC, June 1997, J. of Economic Dynamics & Control, Vol. 21, 1997, and others.
Sethi, S.P., Optimal Consumption and Investment with Bankruptcy, (with a Foreword by Harry M. Markowitz, 1990 Nobel Laureate in Economics) Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, MA, 1997. (428 pages - ISBN 0-7923-9755-X)
Sethi, S.P. and Thompson, G.L., Optimal Control Theory: Applications to Management Science and Economics, Second Edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2000 (505 pages - 0-7923-8608-6); reviewed by C. Gaimon in Interfaces, November-December 2002.
Sethi, S.P., Zhang, H., and Zhang, Q., Average-Cost Control of Stochastic Manufacturing Systems, in series Stochastic Modelling and Applied Probability, Springer, New York, NY, 2005. (325 pages - ISBN 0-387-21947-1)
Sethi, S.P., Yan, H., and Zhang, H., Inventory and Supply Chain Management with Forecast Updates, in series International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer, NY, NY, 2005.(310 pages – ISBN 1-4020-8123-5)
Dawande, M.W., Geismar, H.N., Sethi, S.P., and Sriskandarajah, C., Throughput Optimization in Robotic Cells, in series: International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer, New York, NY, 2007 (430 pages – ISBN 978-0-387-70987-1); reviewed by B. Lev in Interfaces, January-February 2009.
Beyer, D., Cheng, F., Sethi, S.P., and Taksar, M.I., Markovian Demand Inventory Models, in series: International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, Springer, New York, NY, 2010. (253 pages – ISBN 978-0-387-71603-9)
Sethi, S.P., Bogataj, M., and Ros-McDonnell, L., Industrial Engineering: Innovative Networks, 5th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Industrial Management "CIO 2011", Cartagena, Spain, September 2011, Proceedings, Springer, New York, NY, 2012. (396 pages – ISBN 978-1-4471-2320-0)
Back to main page
|Finance and Economics|
|Optimization Theory and Miscellaneous Applications|
Other Publications (download Resume for a complete listing)
Back to main page
1. Huang, Y., Geismar, H.N., Rajamani, D., Sethi, S.P., Sriskandarajah, C., Carlos, M., "Optimizing Logistics Operations in a Country’s Currency Supply Network," IIE Transactions.
2. Li, T. Sethi, S.P. and Zhang, J., "Mitigating Supply Uncertainty: The Interplay between Diversification and Pricing," Production and Operations Management.
3. Chen, S., Shi, R., and Sethi, S.P., "A Generalized Count Model on Consumers’ Repeat Purchasing," Decision Sciences.
4. Bensoussan, A., Çakanyildirim, M., Hoe, C., Li, M., and Sethi, S.P., "Mean and Mean-Variance Based Policies for an Inventory Model with Incomplete Information," Operations Research.
5. Bensoussan, A., Feng, Q., and Sethi, S.P., "Evaluating Long-Term Service Performance under Short-Term Forecast Updates," International Journal of Production Research.
6. Çakanyildirim, M., Liang, C., and Sethi, S.P., "The Role of Consumer Behavior on Product Innovation: An Operations Management Perspective," Production and Operations Management.
Back to main page
1. Ang, M., Sethi, S.P., Yan, H., and Zhang, H., "Stationary and Myopic Policies for Multiple Procurement Modes."
2. Bensoussan, A. and Sethi, S.P., "Notes on Optimal Economic Growth with Controlled Population."
3. Bensoussan, A. and Sethi, S.P., "Notes on a Linear-Quadratic Mixed Leadership Game."
4. Bensoussan, A., Çakanyildirim, M., Hoe, C., Sethi, S.P., "Assessing Loss from Parsimony."
5. Bensoussan, A., Çakanyildirim, M., Feng, Q., and Sethi, S.P., "Optimal Ordering Policy and Value of Information under Partially Observed Lost Sales."
6. Bensoussan, A., Chen, S., Chutani, A., and Sethi, S.P., "Feedback Stackelberg Equilibrium in Mixed Leadership Games with Applications."
7. Bensoussan, A., Keppo, J., and Sethi, S.P., "Discrete Time Inflation Model."
8. Chutani, A. and Sethi, S.P., "A Cooperative Advertising Model with Two Brands and Multiple Retailers."
9. Feng, Q. and Sethi, S.P., "Some Optimal Control Problems with State Constraints."
10. Haruvy, E., Katok, E., Ma, Z., and Sethi, S.P., "Relationship-Specific Investment and Hold-Up Problems in Supply Chains: Theory and Experiments."
11. Ji, Yonghua and Sethi, S.P., "Needle Exchange for Controlling HIV Spread Under Endogenous Infectivity."
12. Ji, X., Ru, J., and Sethi, S.P., "Discrete Time Stackelberg Games Involving Sethi Advertising Model."
13. Kumar, S., Fan, M., and Sethi, S.P., "Performance Choice and Pricing for Differentiated Information System Services."
14. Li, J., Bardhan, I., Ring, S., and Sethi, S., "Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Risk Factors and Their Impact on Readmission After Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery."
15. Li, T. and Sethi, S.P., "5 Steps to Supply Chain Coordination."
16. Lu, M., Sethi, S.P., and Yan, H., "Robustness of Supply Chain Coordination Contracts: Taxonomy, Examples, and Structural Results."
17. Ma, Z., Sethi, S.P., and Prasad, A., "Strategic Remanufacturing Under Competition."
18. Ma, Z., Sethi, S.P., and Zhang, J., "A Study on Retailer Buy-Back Programs."
19. Sethi, S.P., "Extension of 'Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares' by Miller and Modigliani (1961) to Allow for Share Repurchases."
20. Sethi, S.P., "Notes on Optimal Pricing in a Hazard Rate Model of Demand with Experiential Learning."
21. Sethi, S.P., "Notes on a Continuous Time Inventory Model with Markov Modulated Demand and Average Cost."
22. Sethi, S.P. and Soner, M., "Optimal Dividend Debt and Equity Policy."
23. Sethi, S.P. and Soner, M., "Investment Consumption Problem with Bankruptcy Constraint."
24. Sethi, S.P. and Tamil, L., "RFID and Sensor Networks in Geriatric Healthcare Supply Chains."
25. Sethi, S.P., "Manufacturer’s Promotional Support in a Dynamic Retail Duopoly."
26. Shan, X., Sethi, S.P., Li, T., and Zhang, J., "A Price-Setting Retailer Sourcing from Strategic Suppliers facing Disruption."
27. Yu, H. and Sethi, S.P., and Shan, X., "Creative Delinquency or Destructive Selfishness?"
Back to main page
Last updated: 2/2/2016