University of Texas at Dallas
800 West Campbell Road
Richardson, TX 75080
besp @ utdallas.edu
I am currently looking for bright and motived students to work on algorithms research.
If you are interested please contact me,
but before doing so read the following carefully:
- I am mainly looking for PhD students, as the duration of a Masters degree is typically too short to learn the requisite algorithms skills. However, if you are a UTD Masters student who may be interested in pursuing a PhD in Algorithms please contact me.
- Do not contact me if you are a UTD Masters student just looking for funding, i.e. do not treat this like a regular job posting.
- If you are not currently a UTD student, but would like to do research with me, the first step is to apply to UTD. Make sure to add to your personal statement your interest in working with me, and please let me know you submitted an application.
- The ideal student should have a strong algorithms and discrete math background, and in particular should have a solid understanding how to write proofs. If you have any question, such as whether your background matches up, please contact me (but only if you have serious interest as described above).
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Computational Geometry and Geometric Optimization
- Networks and Communications
- Geographic Information Systems
- Facility Location
- Pattern Matching
- Computational Combinatorics
Sphere trees (under construction)