- "Buchanan Clubs," Constitutional Political Economy,
Vol. 24, No. 4, December 2013, - Open Access - http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10602-013-9148-5
- "Foreign Direct Investment, Aid, and Terrorism," (with Subhayu
Bandyopadhyay and Javed Younas), Oxford Economic Papers, Vol.
66, No. 1, January 2014, - Open Access - https://academic.oup.com/oep/article/66/1/25/2362815/Foreign-direct-investment-aid-and-terrorism
- "Remittances and Terrorism: A Global Analysis," (with Raechelle
Mascarenhas), Defence and Peace Economics, Vol. 25, No. 4, August
- Open Access Link - http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/10242694.2013.824676
- "An Empirical Analysis of Alternative Ways That Terrorist Groups
End," (with Khusrav Gaibulloev), Public Choice, Vol. 160,
No. 1-2, July 2014, - Open Access - http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11127-013-0136-0
- "The Analytical Study of Terrorism:
Taking Stock," Journal of Peace Research, Vol 51(2), March
2014. - Open Access Link - http://jpr.sagepub.com/content/51/2/257.full.pdf+html
- "Immigration Policy and Counterterrorism,"
(with Subhayu Bandyopadhyay), Journal of Public Economics, Vol.
110, February 2014. - Open Access Link - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0047272713002557
- "Dynamic Panel Analysis under Cross-Sectional Dependence,"
(with Khusrav Gaibulloev and Donggyu Sul), Political Analysis,
Vol.22, No. 2, April 2014.
- Open Access Link - http://pan.oxfordjournals.org/content/22/2/258.full.pdf+html
- "The Effects of Terrorism on Trade: A Factor Supply Approach,"
(with Subhayu Bandyopadhyay), Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review,
Vol. 96, No. 2, Third Quarter 2014.
- Open Access Link - http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/review/2014/q3/bandyopadhyay.pdf
- "Terrorism and counterterrorism: an overview," Oxford
Economic Papers, 67(1), January 2015. - Open Access Link
- "INTERPOL's Surveillance Network in Curbing Transnational Terrorism,"
(with Javier Gardeazabal), Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
34, Fall 2015.
- Open Access Link - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pam.21845/pdf
- "Collective Action: Fifty Years Later," Public Choice,
164, No. 3, September 2015. - Open Access Link - http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11127-015-0252-0
- "The Changing Nonlinear Relationship
between Income and Terrorism," (with Walter Enders and Gary A.
Hoover), Journal of Conflict Resolution, 60, No. 2, March 2016.
- Open Access Link - http://jcr.sagepub.com/content/60/2/195.full.pdf+html
- "Personnel Contributions to UN
and non-UN Peacekeeping Missions: A Public Goods Approach," (with
Khusrav Gaibulloev, Justin George, and Hirofumi Shimizu), Journal
of Peace Research 52, No. 6, November 2015. - Open Access Link -
- "The Toll of Terrorism,"
(with Subhayu Bandyopadhyay and Javed Younas), Finance and Development,
52(2), June 2015. - Open
Access Link - http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2015/06/bandyopa.htm
- "Military Expenditure Trends for 1960-2014 and What They Reveal,"
(with Justin George) Global Policy, 7, May 2016. - Open Access Link
- "Why Concessions Should Not Be Made to Terrorist Kidnappers,"
(with Patrick T. Brandt and Justin George), European Journal of Political
Economy, Vol. 44, September 2016. - Open Access Link - http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpoleco.2016.05.004
- "Strategic Aspects of Difficult
Global Challenges," Global Policy, Vol. 7, Supplement, May
2016 - Open Access Link - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1758-5899.12266/epdf
Exploitation Hypothesis in a Public Good Economy: A Reconsideration,"
(with Wolfgang Buchholz), Public Choice, Vol. 168, No. 1-2, July
2016 - Open Access Link - http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11127-016-0351-6?view=class
- "Gender Imbalance and Terrorism in Developing Countries,"
(with Javed Younas), Journal of Conflict Resolution, forthcoming
2017. - Open Access Link - http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0022002715603102
- "Successful Leadership in Global
Public Good Provision: Incorporating Behavioural Approaches," (with
Wolfgang Buchholz), Environmental and Resource Economics, forthcoming
2017. - Open Access Link - http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10640-016-9997-2
- "Environmental Cooperation: Contrasting
International Environmental Agreements," Oxford Economic Papers,
forthcoming 2017. - Open Access Link