- March 10-11, 2016 - 24th Symposium of the Society of Nonlinear
Dynamics and Econometrics, Tuscaloosa, AL, Lecture on "Why
Concessions Should Not Be Made to Terrorist Kidnappers."
- March 19, 2016 - International Studies Association Annual
Meetings, Atlanta, Ga, Lecture on "Regime Types and
- March 22, 2016 - Fondazione
Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM), Economy and Society Program, Milan, Italy,
Public Lecture on "An Economist's Viewpoint on the Global Phenomenon
- May 18 - 21, 2016 - Seventh Conference on Terrorism and
Policy (this year focusing on Political Violence), Center for Global
Collective Action, University of Texas at Dallas, Lecture on "Decentralization,
Institutions, and Maritime Piracy."
- June 16 - 17, 2016 - Advances in the Economics
of Conflict, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm, Sweden,
Lecture on "Regime Types and Terrorism."
- September 29, 2016 - 11th Annual Vandeveer Chair Public
Lecture in Economics, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL,
Lecture on "What Has Economic Analysis Taught Us about Terrorism?"
- October 19, 2016 - Center for European Economics (ZEW)
and University of Mannheim, Germany, Lecture on "Regime Types
- October 20, 2016 - ZEW, Workshop on Global Environmental
Challenges, Mannheim, Germany, Lecture on "Collective Action
- January 7, 2017 - American Economic Association Annual
Meetings, Chicago, IL, Lecture on "Trade and Terrorism: A