Dr. Upender Subramanian, Associate Professor of Marketing
· Office: SOM 13.508 (Mailstop SM 32)
· Email: [email protected]
· Phone: 972-883-6525
· Competitive and Collaborative Strategies, Distribution Channel Arrangements, Two-sided Markets, Game Theory
· Information Sharing, Advice Provision or Delegation: What Leads to Higher Trust and Trustworthiness? with Özalp Özer, Yu Wang. Forthcoming at Management Science. Accepted version here.
· Leveraging Experienced Consumers to Attract New Consumers: An Equilibrium Analysis of Displaying Deal Sales by Daily Deal Websites with Ram C. Rao. Management Science. Dec 2016.
· Platforms: A Multiplicity of Research Opportunities. with S Sriram, Puneet Manchanda, Mercedes Esteban Bravo, Junhong Chu, Liye Ma, Minjae Song and Scott Shriver. Marketing Letters. Aug 2014.
· Strategic Value of High-Cost Customers with Jagmohan S. Raju and Z. John Zhang. Management Science, Feb 2014.
· Exclusive Handset Arrangements in the Wireless Industry: A Competitive Analysis with Jagmohan S. Raju and Z. John Zhang. Marketing Science, March 2013.
- Finalist, John D.C. Little Best Paper Award.
- Finalist, Frank M. Bass Dissertation Paper Award.
· Competitive Consequences of Using a Category Captain with Jagmohan S. Raju, Sanjay K. Dhar and Yusong Wang. Management Science, October 2010.
- Managerial article based on this research is available here.
Working Papers /Under Review
· Strategic Surge Pricing and Forecast Communication on On-Demand Service Platforms. with Harish Guda. Current version here.
· Strategic Implications of Acquiring Information in a Distribution Channel. Current version here.
· Marketing Decision Making (MKT 6339)
· Marketing Predictive Analytics using SAS (MKT 6337)
· Principles of Marketing (MKT 3300)
· 2016 – Present. Associate Professor of Marketing, University of Texas at Dallas.
· 2009 – 2016. Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Texas at Dallas.
· 2002 – 2004. Business Planning, Pre-Sales. Sasken Communication Technologies, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
· 2000 – 2002. Business Planning, Pre-Sales. Analog Devices India Pvt. Ltd, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
· 2009. PhD in Marketing. Wharton, University of Pennsylvania.
· 2000. MBA. Indian Institute of Management (Bangalore). India.
· 1998. BTech in Electrical Engineering. Indian Institute of Technology (Madras). India.