Last update: March.3, 2009
What's in a name?....A rose by any other name would smell as sweet by W. Shakespeare in Roemeo and Juliet
Department of Electrical Engineering
Richardson, TX 75080, U.S.A.
Office: NSERL 3.422
Since August in 2008, he has been a member of Minds Lab at The University of Texas at Dallas , He is interested in painless biodegradable microneedle, MEMS based RFID applied sensor networks, RF-MEMS, BioMEMS, MEMS embedded system, Micro/Nano combined hierarchical surface modification and IC Package with MEMS.
- Member of the IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu ( 2006 ~ Current)
- Member of the Korean Scientist Engineering Association ( 2011 ~ Current)
- Youngsam Yoon,Dong-Weon Lee and J.-B. Lee, "Micro/Nano combined hierarchial structure based super-hydrophobic transparent thin film, DOI: 10.1081/E-ENN2-120049222,CRC press,Feb 2013.
- DARPA,Microwave Broadband Waveguide Oscilator (MBWO) : (2009 ~ 2010)
- Texas ETF-Fusion,Microneedle based glucose sensor and neural application : (2009 ~ 2012)
- Collaboration with UT soutwetsern medical center,Microgripper: (2013)
- Collaboration with UNT,Graphene : (2013)
- Collaboration with Dartmouth medical center, painless glucose sensor : (2013)
- Collaboration with UT Arlington, glucose sensor interface : (2013)
- Painless non-enzymatic glucose sensor (In pending)
|Selected journal Publications
- Youngsam Yoon,Dong-Weon Lee and J.-B. Lee, "Fabrication of Optically Transparent PDMS Artificial Lotus Leaf Film Using Under-Exposed Under-Baked Photoresist Mold," Journal of Microelectromechanical systems(JMEMS) ,(In progress)
- Youngsam Yoon,Dong-Weon Lee and J.-B. Lee, "Surface modified nano-patterned SU-8 pillar array optically transparent super-hydrophobic thin film," Journal of Micromechanic and Miroengineering (JMM),vol.22, no.3, Feb 2012.
|Selected Conference Publications
- Youngsam Yoon,Koangki Yoo, and J.-B. Lee, "Microneedle based non-enzymatic higly sensitive higly selective glucose sensor", 2013 International Conference on High Aspect Ratio Micro/Nano System Technology (HARMNST 2013), Berlin, German, April 2013. (accepted)
- Youngsam Yoon,Han-Jung Song, Koangki Yoo, and J.-B. Lee, "CARBON NANOTUBE ELECTRODE-INTEGRATED MICRONEEDLE-BASED NON ENZYMATIC GLUCOSE SENSOR FOR PAINLESS DIABETES TESTING APPLICATION", 2012 International Conference on Electronics, Information and Communication (ICEIC 2012), Jeongseon, Korea, Feb 2012.
- Youngsam Yoon, Dong-Weon Lee, Joon Sohn, and J.-B. Lee, "One-step fabrication of optically transparent PDMS artificial
lotus leaf film using under-exposed under-baked photoresist mold," The 25th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro
Mechanical Systems (IEEE MEMS 2012, acceptance rate 20 %), Paris, France, January 2012,pp 301-304.
- Youngsam Yoon, Dong-Weon Lee and J.-B. Lee, "Super-hydrophobicity of a transparent thin film with nano-patterned
polymer needle array," The 11th International Conference on Nanotechnology (IEEE Nano 2011), Portland, Oregon, pp 1713-1716.
- Sang-Hoon Lee, Youngsam Yoon, Jihyung Lee, Jangbae Jeon, Jeongbong Lee, Moon Kim,"Liquid state PDMS Wrinkle Fabrication For Passive Micro Fluidic Channel Mixer.",Microtech 2011, Boston,MA, 2011.
- Youngsam Yoon, Jae-Hak Kim, Kyungwhan Lee,Han-Jung Song, Koangki Yoo, Gil Lee, and J.-B. Lee, "A novel microneedle-based
non-enzymatic glucose sensor for painless diabetes testing application", The 16th International Conference on Solid-State
Sensors, Actuators & Microsystems (Transducers 2011, acceptacne rate 20 %), Beijing, China, June 2011,pp 2164-2167.
- Youngsam Yoon, Jae-Hak Kim, Han-Jung Song, Koangki Yoo, Gil Lee, and J.-B. Lee,"Microneedle integrated carbon
nanotube sheet electrode-based non-enzymatic glucose sensor for painless diabetes testing application", The 27th
Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference (SBEC 2011), Arlington, TX, April 2010, pp 127.
- University of Texas at Dallas,Richardson, USA (Ph.D.)
- State University of NewYork at Buffalo,NewYork,USA (M.S.)
- Korea Militray Academy,South Korea (B.S.)
- MEMS 2012 Student Travel Award Recipient.
- Scholarship from S.Korea ministry of national defense.