Deadlines and Fees
Application DeadlinesUT Dallas encourages applicants to submit their application and supporting documents as early as possible to be considered for admission to a graduate program. Applicants must submit their application and supporting documents by the deadlines below.
Graduate Application Deadlines
Early Application and Documentation Deadline
Regular Application and Documentation Deadline
Late Application and Documentation Deadline
|January 15||May 1
(Fall 2020 Extended to
|Day prior to Classes begin (First Day of Classes)|
|May 15||October 1||Day prior to Classes begin (First Day of Classes)|
Summer (11-week session)
|October 15||March 1||Day prior to Classes begin (First Day of Classes)|
Please note that deadlines may vary by program. Review the program information page to which you are applying to discover if a different deadline applies to your program.
An application is considered complete once your application and all supporting documents, such as transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, essay and resume are submitted on or before the deadline.
Early Application Deadline
- Complete applications submitted by the early application deadline may receive an earlier decision.
- International applicants may benefit from applying early. Applying early helps to ensure your I-20 is processed in time for registration.
Regular Application Deadline
- To avoid the late application fee, please submit your application by the regular application deadline.
- Complete application files submitted by the regular deadline will be reviewed for an admission decision.
- You are encouraged to submit a complete application as early as possible, as applications can take 4-6 weeks to process.
Late Application Deadline
- The late application deadline is the last day the application will be available for the upcoming term.
- Late applications may be accepted after the regular application deadline for some programs but we can’t guarantee a decision will be made in time to avoid late registration.
- We recommend that students submit complete application files, including official transcripts when applying near the late application deadline. This may prevent you from experiencing further enrollment delays if a decision is made.
- Applications submitted after the regular deadline will be assessed an additional late application fee of $75.
- Applicants who apply by the late application deadline are eligible to submit a change of application request to move their application to the next term if a decision is not reached in time for registration. This request must be submitted through Galaxy by census day.
Application FeesFees are assessed based on the deadlines below and can be paid through the online graduate application or UT Dallas Marketplace. All fees are non-refundable.
- $50 application fee: All applicants will be assessed this fee, unless they meet the waiver criteria below
- $75 late application fee: This additional fee will be assessed for applications submitted after the regular deadline.
- $50 international credential evaluation fee: This additional fee will be assessed to any applicant that has international academic documents to review for admission.
Application Fee Waivers
- UT Dallas currently enrolled students and alumni: The $50 application fee and $75 late application fee are automatically waived.
- Military personnel: applicants may be eligible for a $50 application fee waiver by providing one of the following documents:
- Valid military ID
- DD214, including character of service
- Driver's license indicating veteran designation
- McNair Scholars program participants: applicants to a doctoral program at UT Dallas may be eligible for a $50 application fee waiver by providing a signed copy of their McNair program participation/application fee waiver form.
Documents to verify your military service or McNair Scholar participation can be uploaded using the Application Fee Waiver Submission form in Galaxy, under Orion Self-Service, Admission Forms Folder.
For additional application fee/waiver-related questions, please contact [email protected].