Faculty at the School of Arts and Humanities
Areas of Specialization: American and British modernism, American Literature, medieval and renaissance Italian literature (Dante through Petrarch), ecopoetics, biography and autobiography.
Office: JO 5.414
Mail Station: JO 31
Email: [email protected]
Recent Courses: View courses taught by Timothy Redman
Work Samples and Publications:
Books, Edited Journals, Monographs, Exhibition Catalogs:
- Ezra Pound and Italian Fascism (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009). A paperback edition of the 1991 book.
- Anglo-American Imagism and French Poetry, the catalog of a book exhibit at the museum at Schloss Brunnenburg, Dorf Tirol, Merano, Italy. June 10-July 10, 2007 (Merano, Italy: Druckerei Union Tipografia, 2007) 16 + iv pp.
- Chess and Education: Selected Essays from the Koltanowski Conference, edited and with an Introduction by Tim Redman (Richardson, Texas: The University of Texas at Dallas Chess Program, 2006). The first volume in a projected series "Studies on Chess and Education."
- Paideuma Volume 24, Numbers 2 & 3, Fall & Winter 1995, guest editor of a special double issue devoted to papers from the Pound and His Contemporaries NEH 1994 Summer Seminar for College Teachers, 280 pages. The National Poetry Foundation, Orono, Maine. Co-editor Vincent Sherry.
- Ezra Pound and Italian Fascism (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1991).
- Official Rules of Chess, 3rd Edition, edited by Tim Redman (New York: David McKay, 1987).
- Citizen Ezra Pound: A Poet's Life in the American Century (work in progress), a cultural biography of the American poet.
A full list of my publications may be viewed in my CV.
B.A. English cum laude, Loyola University of Chicago
M.A. in Comparative Literature
Ph.D. in Comparative Literature with honors
Curriculum Vitae: Timothy Redman's CV