UT Dallas - The LINK
January 2015

Alumni Honor the University with Planned Gifts

Lynn McIntire BA'79

During the last several years, alumni giving through wills, retirement accounts, annuities and life insurance has become increasingly popular.

For Lynn McIntire BA'79, a legacy gift through her will is a way to honor her time at the University and ensure quality education for future students. Her bequest will benefit an endowed fund in the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.

McIntire knows the value of a solid education, and has maintained strong ties to UT Dallas since graduating magna cum laude from the University. She serves on both the Development Board and the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Advisory Council. For her support, McIntire was a 2014 recipient of the UT Dallas Distinguished Alumni Award.

"I cannot imagine not returning a portion of my earnings back to the Comet community," she said. "I know that many programs and students will not be in place in the future without a strong community of alumni willing to give back."

Melisa Mrazik BS'93

One such alumna is Melisa Mrazik BS'93.

After recently reconnecting with her alma mater, Mrazik was inspired to leave a legacy to the university that helped build her career. She works as a graphic designer and desktop publisher for Accenture, using programming and coding skills that she gained through her bachelor's degree in computer science.

Mrazik hadn't been back to campus until recently when Accenture encouraged her to volunteer with a student organization. It was then that she realized how much UT Dallas has changed in the past 20 years. Now, Mrazik is giving back to her alma mater by making the University a beneficiary of her life insurance.

"I am so excited that my name will live on through this gift, and that I can help future students. It was so easy, and I can't exactly take it with me," she said.

For more info on gift planning, call Anna LeBlanc, director of gift planning, at 972-883-6023 or visit utdallas.plannedgiving.org.

Make a GiftVolunteer

Office of Development and Alumni Relations
For more information, contact us through our staff website.

View Archived Issues   |   Alumni Relations   |   Click Here To Unsubscribe