Dallas Area Alliance for Women in Media Foundation Irene Runnels-Paula McStay Scholarship Application
The Dallas Area Alliance for Women in Media Foundation, Inc. will award three scholarships totaling $12,500 in the names of Irene Runnels, a distinguished and respected Dallas broadcaster and Paula McStay, a former Fort Worth advertising executive. These scholarships, available in early 2018, will be administered through the University Financial Aid Office and must be applied toward undergraduate or graduate tuition only.
The Irene Runnels-Paula McStay $5,000 college scholarships will be awarded to two students attending a Texas public or private university that offers radio, television, film, public relations, advertising/communications or broadcasting as the major emphasis of study. Applicants will be considered on the basis of educational and career goals in their major field of study, activities and honors, service to community and references.
These scholarships will be acknowledged at the Dallas Area Alliance for Women in Media Foundation Award of Excellence Gala on April 5, 2018.
Eligibility Requirements for College Applicants
- Candidate must have completed 75 hours of college course work by December 2017.
- Candidate may be male or female.
- An overall grade point average of 3.25 or 3.0 in declared major course work is required (based on a 4.0 scale).
- Candidate must be currently enrolled as a full-time student (carrying a minimum of 12hours per semester) with a declared major in radio, television, film, public relations, advertising/communications or broadcasting.
The Dallas Area Alliance for Women in Media Foundation Scholarship Committee will review all applications. This committee will make the final award selections based on the merits of the applicants.
Application Material Required.
Please type and forward the Scholarship Application to the email address listed below. Submissions must be received via email by March 9, 2018. Each applicant will receive a receipt confirmation within 48 hours of submission. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Mercer [email protected].
Please submit essays with application to [email protected]
(Please include ‘AMW-DFW GALA Scholarship’ in the subject line.)
DFW Interactive Marketing Association
Applicant must be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior student, currently enrolled as an EMAC major. Student must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. This is a one year only scholarship in the amount of $2000.
Application deadline: February 28, 2017Download Application Form
Greater Texas Foundation – Tech Titans Removing Educational Barriers Scholarship
The Greater Texas Foundation – Tech Titans Removing Educational Barriers Scholarship is funded by the Greater Texas Foundation and 2008 Tech Titans Award. This scholarship provides need‐based awards for undergraduate students enrolled in School of ATEC programs for tuition, fees, books, and living expenses. The award will be a total of $2,000 towards tuition for one year or $1,000 per Fall and Spring semester.
- Students must be Arts & Technology, Emerging Media & Communication, or Arts, Technology & Emerging Communication majors. Scholarships will be awarded to undergraduates. Applicants must or will be enrolled as full‐time students (12 semester credit hours).
- Scholarship recipients must enroll in at least one School of ATEC course each semester.
- Demonstrated need‐based eligibility based on a completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Recipient must be a US Citizen or Permanent resident or student who lived in Texas for at least part of their high school experience.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA to qualify for the award and to continue to receive the award.
- If a student drops a course and/or earns less than the required GPA, s/he will be placed on probation the following semester and the Greater Texas Foundation - Tech Titans Removing Educational Barriers Scholarship Committee will review his/her case.
- If graduating in December, students who apply during their junior year will receive one‐half of the award (for the fall semester of their senior year).
Application deadline: June 15, 2018Download Application Form