LCC 4814, Projects and Practices in Integrated Art and Engineering. The design of the course was motivated by technological traditions in the fine arts, the changing nature of building and innovation, and a sense that by combining practices from the arts and engineering, we could broaden the pool of resources students can draw upon. The goals of the course were to:
• broaden students’ creative abilities by enabling them to consciously leverage skills, processes, and insights from both the arts and engineering in the pursuit of their creative work
• cultivate students’ awareness of creative process and the relationship between process and outcomes
• support students’ creative skills in the service of ideation, design, fabrication, presentation, and project analysis
• teach students hands-on fabrication and prototyping skills, and
• introduce students to working interdisciplinarily.
Gerogia Tech, www.gatech.edu