Dr. Melanie Spence
How to Participate
Join Us On
Multi-Language Infant-Directed Speech Study (Spring & Summer 2018)
- Seeking families with 5.5 – 6.5 month-olds!
- Infants listen to samples of women speaking to babies in a foreign language to examine whether they are able to recognize approving and comforting speech intent when presented in non-native speech.
- Requirements for participation: Infants exposed to a language other than English less than 50% of their waking time.
- Interested in participating? Please contact us via email!
- Spring 2015 — Fall 2015
- 10-month-olds’ Eye-tracking of Synchronous/Non-synchronous Speech & Happy/Disgust Facial Expressions
- Results will be published in the Fall 2016 issue of our Newsletter!
- Fall 2014
- 6-month-olds’ Eye-tracking of Synchronous/Non-synchronous Speech & Happy/Disgust Facial Expressions
- Please refer to the Spring/Summer 2015 issue of our newsletter for results!
Thank you to all families for your participation — our contribution to research would not be possible without you!
Why Babies Like our Lab!