Also see refunds for dropped classes
For student accounts with a credit (negative) balance, the Bursar Office will
- Analyze the account.
- Pay any outstanding balances from the current academic year.
- Generate a refund.
Students who owe a balance in a different academic year cannot use federal aid, such as Pell Grants and Stafford Loans, to pay those balances. Federal aid also cannot be used to pay late fees, parking fines or library fines in any academic year.
Refund Method and Timeline
|Enrolled in direct deposit?
||Days to receive refund*
||Check via postal mail‡
||Estimated number of business days before students will receive refund, after the refund has been processed.
||Be sure to update your EZPAY account when your bank account information changes.
||A check will be sent to your U.S. mailing address of record. UT Dallas does not mail checks to international addresses, so please make sure that you have provided the University with a valid U.S. address through Galaxy to avoid delays.
Direct Deposit Enrollment
- Log in to EZPay with your Net ID and password. EZPay Instructions
- On the top of the page, select the eRefunds tab and click Set up Account.
- Enter your bank routing number (RTN) and account number. They can be found on your checks or by calling your financial institution
- Click Continue
- Check the I Agree box and click continue to save.