2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Location: FO 1.502
A webinar for junior faculty on how to write a successful CAREER proposal covering:
· How to decide when and if it's the right time to apply for a CAREER grant
· How to position yourself and your research to be competitive for a CAREER
· How to structure your proposal
· How to develop an educational plan
· Keys to success and common mistakes to avoid
· A step-by-step discussion of each section of the proposal and what it needs to tell the reviewers
· How to interpret reviews and decide whether to revise and resubmit
· Additional materials, including example proposal sections, proposal outlines and helpful resources, are also included
The webinar is by Lucy Deckard. She is president of Academic Research Funding Strategies, LLC, which is a consulting firm dedicated to helping universities and faculty develop the skills they need to successfully compete for research funding. She has worked with scores of faculty over the last 12 years to help them write successful NSF CAREER proposals. She has also worked with faculty to analyze reviews from previous submissions and revise and resubmit their CAREER proposals, which were often funded. In the process, she has seen what reviewers are looking for, what works, what doesn't, and what common mistakes should be avoided.
Representatives of the Office of Research will be available to answer questions about UTD experience with the NSF CAREER awards. Please RSVP at [email protected] to make sure you have a set of materials.
Beth Keithly, 972-883-4568
Questions? Email me.