2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Location: Synergy Park North - UTDesign Seminar (SPN 1.121)
Each session is two hours in length and focuses on basic supervision and management skills. Participants completing all six modules will receive certificates of completion.
Module 5 – Dynamic Discipline– In this session, managers and supervisors will learn the full range of the University’s discipline process and how to use that process legally, appropriately and effectively. (Dec 1)
- Define and discuss discipline as a learning and communication process.
- Identify the full range of disciplinary options available to managers and supervisors and understand the relationship of the disciplinary process to the performance management system at UTD.
- Recognize the progressive nature of the disciplinary process and how to distinguish the appropriate response according to the situation.
- Understand the importance of documentation to maintaining an effective and legal disciplinary process.
- Review University policies on discipline and dismissal and the employee grievance process.
To Register for this class please go to LEO (Learning & Education Organizer) by logging onto Galaxy clicking on LEO and clicking on "Find Available Training."
Terry Cartwright, 972-883-5328
Questions? Email me.