2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Location: Synergy Park North - UTDesign Seminar (SPN 1.121)
This is part of a 6 session certificat series. Each session is two hours in length and focuses on basic supervision and management skills. Participants completing all six modules will receive certificates of completion.
Module 1 – Communication and Listening Skills – Participants will examine different communication styles and discuss ways to deal with the different styles of communication. Participants will discuss and explore other communication issues that greatly impact the success of manager/supervisor to employee relationship. (Feb 13) The Remaining sessions will be conducted on Feb 27, Mar 13, Mar 27, Apr 10, and Apr 24.
Learning Objectives for session 1:
- Understand the communication process.
- Understand your style of communication
- Understand some common barriers to good communication
- Learn way is which you can improve your communication skills
- Understand Active Listening and its benefits
- Identify ways in which you can improve your listening
- Learn how to combine effective listening and effective communication to become a more effective supervisor.
To Register for this class please go to LEO (Learning & Education Organizer) by logging onto Galaxy clicking on LEO and clicking on "Find Available Training."
Terry Cartwright, 972-883-5328
Questions? Email me.