9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Location: AD 2.216
Employment Express is specifically designed for Research Assistants (RAs), Teaching Assistants (TAs), and Graduate Assistants (GAs) as a resource to complete new hire documents, check-in with International Tax (international students), and ask questions about employment and benefits at UT Dallas. You are required to attend one Employment Express session before your start date. No appointment is necessary.
Please remember to bring:
- Identification for I-9 Form. You will need to bring documents that verify your identity and employment authorization. The I-9 instructions provide a list of acceptable documents on page 4. You must bring one document from List A or one document from both List B and List C with you. We do not accept photocopies.
- Social Security Card. Regardless of the documents that you bring for the I-9, you will be required to bring your Social Security card for W-4, verification. If you do not have a social security card/number, see instructions below.
- International Passports. If you are using an international passport for a List A document, you will also need to bring your I-20 and a print-out of your I-94 document. Print and bring a copy of the I-94.
- Voided blank check or savings deposit slip for direct deposit. Other statements from your financial institution that contain your direct deposit information are also acceptable.
- Selective Service Verification (US citizens only). If you are a male US citizen between the ages of 18-26, go to the Selective Service System website and verify your registration. Print and bring a copy of your proof of registration.
If you do not have a Social Security number (non-US citizens only):
- You will be able to receive a social security letter at the International Student Services Office orientation or at Employment Express. Social Security letters will not be available before these times.
- The ISSO will provide you with additional documentation. You must attend an ISSO orientation before you will be provided the additional documentation.
- The letters received from Human Resources and the ISSO, are necessary to apply for a social security number. Please review the Social Security website for specific instructions on what documents you need to take with you when applying for a social security number.
Please note that employment is contingent upon successful completion of your background check.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at [email protected].
Evelie Giddings, 972-883-3561
Questions? Email me.