2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Location: AD 2.216
Each session is two hours in length and focuses on basic supervision and management skills. Participants completing all six modules will receive certificates of completion.
Module 6 – Motivating and Recognizing Employees – Participants will explore key concepts behind employee motivation and learn the importance of using recognition and praise to honor employees and benefit the productivity of the work group.
- Understand that employees are ultimately responsible for their own motivation.
- Review and discuss Abraham’s Maslow’s hierarchical model of needs as it relates to motivation
- Understand that most employees can and will tell you what’s important if supervisors and managers will take the time to listen.
- Understand the power of praise and review common barriers that prevent supervisors and managers from using praise on an effective, consistent basis.
- Review six key elements in providing effective praise and recognition of employees
- Understand and practice intentionality when it comes to employee recognition
Terry Cartwright, 972-883-5328
Questions? Email me.