The Parents Association provides:
- Support for the school through fundraising activities and volunteers.
- A unified voice for parents to the school administration.
- A social network for parents.
Parents of all Callier Child Development Program students are considered members. CPA meetings are generally held the second Monday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the Glorig Auditorium.
The CPA is governed by an elected board that works together with classroom representatives. There are many opportunities for participation through numerous projects and special events each year, such as a book fair, a school picnic, Winter Wonderland, International Food Festival, Silent Auction and Teacher Appreciation Day.
2014 – 2015 Event Dates:
September 8 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
September 11 - Scholastic Book Fair 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
October 13 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
October 18 - Callier Picnic Scottish Rite 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
November 10 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
December 8 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
December 15 - Winter Wonderland 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
January 12 - CPA meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
February 9 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
February 27 - International Food Festival
March 9 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
March 27 - Silent Auction
April 13 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
May 11 - CPA Meeting at 5:15 p.m. Glorig Auditorium
May 15 - Teacher Appreciation Day
CPA Event Scholastic Book Fair, gym
- The Callier Parent Association Scholastic Book Fair is the first CPA event of the year, and helping out is a great way to get acquainted with other families as you support Callier. Each year the book fair profits enable the Callier Parent Association to support Callier by providing classroom equipment and materials, funding for professional development for staff and teachers, and providing assistance to make field trips accesible for parent volunteers and all students. The bookfair is a single day event that takes place in both buildings. An assortment of specially selected books for infants and toddlers is available in the East Building, and books for all ages are available in the gym in the main building.
- We will need volunteers to set up the books the evening before the bookfair, to take payments for books during the sale, and afterward to break down and rebox everything not sold.
CPA Event Callier Picnic, Scottish Rite
- The Callier Family Picnic is a great opportunity to get to know your child's friends and their families. CPA hosts the yearly picnic at the Scottish Rite playground. The playground is an amazing, enclosed structure with all age levels of fun play. Families, bring a picnic. Teachers will be treated to lunch by the CPA. We hope to see you there!
- One volunteer is needed to pick up and deliver teacher lunches to Scottish Rite playground on the day of the picnic. Anyone else can help by reminding your friends and acquaintences of the picnic and inviting new families. We hope everyone can attend!
Callier Preschool Family Feast
- The Callier Preschool Family Feast is a yearly tradition that brings Callier families together for a meal. Families are invited to bring a dish or drinks to share and come dine with their child at a special meal in their classroom.
- The Family Feast is sponsored and organized by the Callier center. Classroom teachers will send a flier and sign up sheet home with information in the weeks leading up to the Feast.
CPA Event Winter Wonderland
- Winter Wonderland is a multi-cultural winter holiday celebration hosted annually by CPA. Children will enjoy snacks in the cafeteria, holiday music, photos with Santa, and lots of crafts, games, and fun activities representing holidays across many cultures.
- We need volunteers the day of Winter Wonderland to set up in the afternoon and to clean up afterward. Volunteers are needed to work at classroom hosted tables or to host their own table. To volunteer, please indicate your interest at a CPA meeting or coordinate with your room rep.
CPA Event International Food Festival
- Share your heritage through the “universal language” of delicious food as we celebrate Callier’s diverse community through this parent-prepared pot luck dinner. Send or bring a favorite dish; then come to the Food Festival and enjoy sampling exotic new foods and familiar favorites. Traditional American dishes are welcome as well! Sign up forms will come home in early February.
- We will need volunteers the afternoon of the food festival, to help warm up food and arrange the display of the food. After the food festival, volunteers are needed to clean up.
CPA Event Silent Auction, gym
- The Silent Auction is the major annual fundraiser for the Callier Parent Association. Come show support, give to a good cause, and win something incredible. The Silent Auction includes a CPA sponsored raffle, a "buy-it-now" table, and of course the wonderful art, scrapbooks, and gift baskets donated by the teachers, classes, and families at Callier. There is something for every taste and budget. We hope you will come join us.
- Before the Auction, volunteers can help to solicit donations from favorite restaurants, toy stores, and play places, donate homemade items or services, or regift unwanted items. Additional volunteers are needed to set up on the afternoon of the auction, clean up afterward, and help run things during the auction.
CPA Teacher Appreciation Day
- Every day the teachers at Callier Center give so much to our children. On Teacher Appreciation Day the Callier Parent Association takes the opportunity to formally thank our wonderful teachers for everything they do for all the students at Callier. CPA provides lunch and other small tokens of appreciation for teachers. Additionally, classroom representatives plan and organize personalized handmade gifts from the students.
- Those interested in volunteering should contact their classroom representative to find out how they can to assist with Teacher Appreciation Day.
2014 – 2015 CPA Board Members:
Rachel Dove, President Co-Chair
Collen Noviello, President Co-Chair
Elizabeth Paulk, Secretary
Arlen Pruitt, Treasurer
Collen Noviello, Silent Auction Co-Chair
Preeti Sharma, Silent Auction Co-Chair