Section 3: Privacy Officer
Effective Date: April 14, 2003
Last Revision: November 3, 2014
It is the policy of The University of Texas at Dallas to comply with 45 CFR § 164.530 (a) (1). Accordingly, the President will designate a Privacy Officer to be responsible for the development and implementation of HIPAA privacy policies and procedures.
- Privacy Officer. The Director of Clinical Operations at the Callier Center will serve as the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Job Description. The Privacy Officer shall be responsible for coordination and oversight of compliance at UT Dallas with HIPAA which shall include:
- Developing, implementing and updating privacy policies and procedures as required by HIPAA;
- Creating and serving as the Chair of the HIPAA Constituents Committee;
- Serving as the contact person to provide information about matters covered by the Notice of Privacy Practices, and responsible for receiving, responding to, and documenting complaints from patients, employees, business associates, and others regarding the Hybrid Entity’s privacy practices;
- Coordinating and documenting privacy training;
- Consulting on the review of relevant business associates contracts;
- Maintaining documentation of privacy personnel designations and duties, including those for the members of the HIPAA Compliance Constituents Committee;
- Coordinating annual privacy risk assessments and other audits of compliance.
- Serving as the information privacy liaison to the UTD Institutional Review Board (IRB);
- Serving as the information privacy liaison to the UT Dallas Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Citations: 45 CFR § 164.530 (a) (1)