We encourage you to use CometCareers. Be sure to follow the instructions listed on individual job listings when applying for an off-campus job.
If you are seeking permanent, full-time employment you should also check the "On-Campus Interviews" section of CometCareers. Employers participating in On-Campus Interviewing will have their positions posted in this section.
Disclaimer: It is the responsibility of the job seeker/user to research the integrity of the organization to which they are applying. The job seeker/user is advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or private party. Use of this system shall be entirely at the risk of the users hereof and The University of Texas at Dallas Career Center expressly disclaims any and all liability with respect thereto.
All students registered with the Career Center should submit a professional resume to be included in CometCareers. Prospective employers are given access to UT Dallas resumes in the following two ways:
- Direct Resume Referral - An employer may contact us directly requesting a resume referral. We forward resumes of all students and alumni whose qualifications match the requirements of the job as defined by the employer.
- Web Resume Books - – An uploaded resume may automatically be included in a CometCareers resume book. Employers, with approved CometCareers access, will review resumes based on their job requirements.
F-1 Visa Students
F-1 Visa Students who meet all requirements, may apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT). OPT workshops are held weekly by the International Student Services Office.
Word of caution for F-1 Visa students seeking employment under OPT: Beware of employers who promise H1B sponsorship. Please consider these points carefully when evaluating a job offer:
- Employers cannot guarantee an H1B visa.
- You should not be required to pay additional fees to obtain an H1B visa, other than the required legal fees.
- Read contracts carefully! Look for unusual wording or wording that could prohibit you from seeking employment at another organization in the event of termination.
- Be wary of "training programs" which require you to pay the employer. Sometimes the employer requires a "training fee " to be reimbursed in the event of termination.
If you have any concerns about an employer's promises or job offer, please contact the Career Center to speak with the Director or Associate Director.