The internship program at The University of Texas at Dallas assists employers in identifying qualified students to fill various part or full-time internships.
This partnership among employers, the university, and students benefits to the students by allowing them to gain practical work experience related to their majors.
Internships can be for a single semester or multiple semesters, part-time or full-time, and paid or unpaid.
In order to be eligible for an internship at UT Dallas, students must (at a minimum):
- Be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA for undergraduates, 3.0 GPA for graduates).
- Have completed at least 1 semester at UT Dallas. In addition, undergraduate students must have at least 24 hours completed (including transfer hours) and graduate students must have at least 6 hours completed.
- Meet any additional requirements imposed by the academic department or school.
Employers can choose to determine additional eligibility requirements for each internship position as needed.
- Be sure to notify the UT Dallas Career Center when you extend an offer to one of our students and confirm the student's employment with you each subsequent semester.
- Let the UT Dallas Career Center know if you would like to set up on-campus interviews for your internship opportunities.
- Be sure to complete the Online Employer Evaluation for each student and conduct a performance review at the end of each semester.
If you are interested in beginning an internship partnership with UT Dallas or if you need assistance in implementing a new program, please email the Associate Director Career Services or call (972) 883-2943.