Career Expo Online Guide
|1. Get your resume critiqued
|2. Decide your business attire:|
|3. Practice your "30 second introduction":|
|4. View the registered employers and positions for which they are hiring|
|5. Prepare strong questions for the employers by attending
|6. Learn how to prepare for the expo:|
|7. Know what soft skills employers are looking for in a candidate:|
|8. Develop your strategy for different scenarios you might face at the Expo:|
|9. Determine your post-expo strategy:|
- EXPOs ARE NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. The employers are here to talk to UTD students and alumni.
- COMET CARD/PHOTO ID REQUIRED.
- PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ATTIRE REQUIRED FOR FALL AND SPRING CAREER EXPOS.
Who is registered? What are they looking for?
If you already have a CareerWorks account
- Simply log in using your User Name and Password.
- Select Career Events from the menu bar.
- Select Career Expos and then Search.
- Then scroll down to the event of your choice and click on "Search Employers."
If you do not have a CareerWorks account
- Use the User Name: Guest123
- Password, which is also: Guest123 (these fields are both case sensitive)
- Once you have logged in, then follow the steps outlined above.