Eligibility and Process
- Be registered and currently enrolled in a UT Dallas academic, degree-seeking program with a declared major.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 cumulative GPA for undergraduate students and 3.0 cumulative GPA for graduate students.)
- Have completed at least one semester at UT Dallas. In addition, undergraduate students must have at least 24 hours completed (including transfer hours) and graduate students must have at least 6 hours completed. (You may begin the internship process if you anticipate being eligible the following semester.)
- Meet any additional requirements or conditions imposed by your academic department or school.
- Students in the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science must contact the IPP office for internships and do not need to complete the Career Center's internship process.
Graduate students are not eligible for an internship in the same semester they are working as a Teaching Assistant or a Research Assistant.
- Have an active CometCareers account.
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents: Attend an Internship Information Session in person OR complete the Online Internship Information Session. Either version is acceptable.
Students on an F-1 Visa: Attend a CPT Information Session IN PERSON. The online session will not substitute for attendance as it does not cover the required CPT information.
- After you have completed the appropriate orientation and submitted your Student Agreement Form, a Career Consultant will send you an email to confirm your eligibility for internships and update your CometCareers account to view internships.
- Once you have accepted an internship, report it in CometCareers by clicking on the “Report an Internship” link.
- Your Career Consultant will contact you to schedule an appointment to complete the process, including the registration for academic credit or transcript notation and any additional required paperwork.
Completing the process and meeting the requirementsfor the internship program does not guarantee an internship. Employers make the final hiring decisions.