National Student Employment Week
UT Dallas participates in National Student Employment Week in the spring semester.
Student employees perform invaluable services with enthusiasm, dedication, and initiative. Many departments depend on the contributions of this reliable workforce for their efficient operation.
We encourage all departments to celebrate their student employees during this week!
Student Employee of the Year
The Student Employee of the Year Award is conducted according to the rules and regulations of the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) and the Southern Association of Student Employment Administrators (SASEA). The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding contributions and achievements of students who work while attending college.
The annual Student Employee of the Year Program, including a celebration honoring all student employees, is coordinated by the Career Center. The Student Employee of the Year recognition and celebration take place during the second full week in April.
Winners will receive campus recognition. The UT Dallas award winner's name is submitted to the regional competition, and if selected as the regional winner, moves on to the national competition.
Plan to show our UT Dallas student employees how much they are valued during National Student Employment Week!
- All undergraduate and graduate students who are in non-benefit-eligible student jobs are eligible to be nominated.
- Must have been employed for a minimum of 3 months full-time (working 20 hours per week) or 6 months part-time (working at least 10 hours per week) between June in the prior year through May of the current year.
- Resident Advisors, Research Assistants, Teaching Assistants are NOT eligible for nomination.
Student employees will be judged on the following, equally-weighted criteria:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
- Nominations will only be accepted from faculty and staff -
The Nomination Form and Nomination Letter will be accepted in late January through early February. Make the Nomination Letter as comprehensive as possible in order to give your nominee the best chance to win this award. All nominations will be kept confidential. Please note: Only one nomination letter per nominee will be submitted to the judges.
Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered by the judging committee.
Nomination deadlines are published each year in January. Please view the Nomination Form and Nomination Letter to find the current deadline.
Ideas for Celebrations
We encourage every department to find special ways to honor their student employees during this week. These are a few activities you may want to consider:
- Host a pizza party
- Potluck breakfast or lunch
- Serve cake and punch in their honor
- Take them to lunch
- Buy them a helium balloon
- Purchase movie tickets
- Give flowers or candy
- Write a thank you note for a job well done
- Make a poster or banner to hang with all department staff signatures
- Purchase a gift certificate from the UT Dallas Bookstore or The PUB