A variety of career-related workshops, seminars and other programs are offered to keep you up-to-date on the current job search trends and employer expectations.
Where and When
Menu of Seminars
- How To Interview
- How to Write a Professional Resume
- How to Write Cover Letters for Your Job Search
- How to Work a Career Expo Like a Pro
- Conducting an Effective Job Search
- Networking for Success
- Internship Session - Learn about the internship program including the registration process, eligibility, requirements, and finding appropriate opportunities. Online module also available.
- CPT Information Session - If you are student on a Visa, then you are required to attend a CPT Information Session.
NOTE: The Internship Information Sessions and the CPT Information Sessions are not open to CS and EE majors. (CS and EE majors sign up for an IPP/Internship Orientation in the IPP Office in ECSS building 2.502.)
Additional Seminars Offered Upon Request
- Social Media for Networking
- Effective Communication Strategies for Women in the Workplace
- Myers-Briggs and Career Choices
- Clarifying Your Career Direction
- Exploring Green Careers
- Selecting Graduate and Professional Schools
- Behavioral Interviewing
- Employment 101: Work Ready?
- Workplace Communications 101
- The Whys and Hows of Working for the Federal Government
- Resume Workshop: Think and Write like a Resume Editor!
- A Taste of the Career Center: An Introduction to Success
- Identifying Your Skills