The UT Dallas Cheerleaders is a co-ed team whose primary focus is to elevate school spirit on campus. The cheerleaders can be found leading the crowd in both the fall and spring semesters at women's volleyball or at men's and women's basketball games. They can also be seen at many campus events with special performances during Welcome Week and Homecoming. In January, the cheerleaders compete at the UCA College National Championship in Orlando, FL.
Cheerleading Tryouts 2016
Tryouts and clinics will take place at Recreational Center West (RCW).
- Clinic — Friday, April 1, 7-10 p.m. (cheer only)
- Clinic — Saturday, April 2, 9 a.m-12 p.m. (cheer and mascot)
- Tryout — Saturday, April 2, 2-4 p.m.
- Males — Athletic shorts, shoes and t-shirt. Please be "game day" presentable.
- Females — Cheer shoes, spankies, sports bra, bow. Make up done, hair half-up half-down.
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout.
- Transfer students with 2.0 GPA or higher are eligible to tryout.
- UT Dallas students must be enrolled full-time (12 hours) in order to tryout.
- All required paperwork (proof of admission, proof of insurance and application) must be submitted.
Complete the following forms:
Camps and Practices
Practice and camp schedules for 2016-17 will be posted soon.
The UT Dallas cheerleaders cheer all home games. Home games are generally on:
- Tuesday evenings
- Thursday evenings
- Saturday afternoons and/or evenings
If chosen to represent UT Dallas at the UCA College National Championship, you will be asked to travel to Orlando, FL the second week of January. Also, if chosen you will be required to return from winter break early for competition practice.
Since UT Dallas is a NCAA Division III school, we do not offer scholarships for cheerleading. The University does pay for all uniforms, camp, and travel expenses to games. Uniform expenses paid for by the University include:
- Practice gear
Cheerleaders at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
Head Coach, Spirit Coordinator
Request an appearance for cheerleaders to attend your event.