The UT Dallas Cheerleaders is a co-ed team whose primary focus is to elevate school spirit on campus. The cheerleaders can be found leading the crowd in both the fall and spring semesters at women's volleyball or at men's and women's basketball games. They can also be seen at many campus events with special performances during Welcome Week and Homecoming. In the spring, the cheerleaders compete at the NCA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona, FL.
Cheerleading Tryouts 2015
Tryouts will take place in the Activity Center Main Gym.
- Friday, April 17, 5-7 p.m. clinic/evaluation (cheer only)
- Saturday, April 18, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. clinic/tryout (cheer and mascot)
- Males – Athletic shorts, shoes and t-shirt. Please be "game day" presentable.
- Females – Cheer shoes, spankies, sports bra, bow. Make up done, hair half-up half-down.
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout.
- Transfer students with 2.0 GPA or higher are eligible to tryout.
- UT Dallas students must be enrolled full-time (12 hours) in order to tryout.
- All required paperwork (proof of admission, proof of insurance and application) must be submitted.
Complete the following documents:
Camps and Practices
Practices are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-9:30 a.m. (cheer only).
Tentative Camp Schedule
- Pre-camp training will be Aug. 11-13 (cheer only), times TBD.
- Aug. 14 may be used as a travel day.
- Oklahoma City University, Aug. 15-16 (cheer and mascot).
The UT Dallas cheerleaders cheer all home games. Home games are generally on:
- Tuesday evenings
- Thursday evenings
- Saturday afternoons and/or evenings
NCA College Nationals
If chosen to represent UT Dallas at the NCA College National Championship, you will be asked to travel to Daytona, FL the first or second week in April. Also, if chosen you may be required to stay in town for practice during spring break.
Since UT Dallas is a NCAA Division III school, we do not offer scholarships for cheerleading. The University does pay for all uniforms, camp, and travel expenses to games. Uniform expenses paid for by the University include:
- Practice gear
Cheerleaders at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
Request an appearance for cheerleaders to attend your event.