The UT Dallas Cheerleaders is a co-ed team whose primary focus is to elevate school spirit on campus. The cheerleaders can be found leading the crowd in both the fall and spring semesters at women's volleyball or at men's and women's basketball games. They can also be seen at many campus events with special performances during Welcome Week and Homecoming. In April, the cheerleaders compete at the NCA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona Beach, FL.
Cheer Tryouts 2020-2021
We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 UT Dallas Cheerleading Team.
2020-2021 Cheer Tryouts
To protect current and future students, we are postponing in-person tryouts until further notice. We encourage candidates to audition for the team by video, now through May 29. For guidance about how to create your submission, please see our sample videos and review the video checklist below.
Email your complete video to [email protected]. You may also upload your video to YouTube and email the link for review.
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout.
- Transfer students with 2.25 GPA or higher are eligible to tryout.
- UT Dallas students must be enrolled full-time (9 hours) in order to tryout.
- All required paperwork (proof of insurance and application) must be submitted or presented by May 29.
Complete the following form:
UT Dallas Cheerleading Tryout Video Checklist
- Introduction - Include your name, where you are from, and a little more about yourself.
- Chant - Learn and perform all of the chants in the sample video.
- Jumps - Double toe touch, front hurdler, and pike (see sample video)
- Standing tumbling – three video clips, may be all of the same skill or different*
- Running tumbling - three video clips, may be all of the same skill or different*
*If using clips from previous practices or performances, please ensure the videos are from no earlier than May 1, 2019.
Download Sample Videos:Chant 1
Camps and Practices
- Summer Boot Camp: July 20-23, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. (mandatory)
- NCA College Camp at SMU: July 24-26 (mandatory)
Practice times for Fall semester:
- Tuesdays 7-9:30 a.m. at Recreation Center West
- Wednesdays 4:15-5:30 p.m. at Cheer Athletics Plano
- Thursdays 7-9:30 a.m. at Recreation Center West
Practice times for Spring semester:
- Mondays, 1-4 p.m. at Recreation Center West
- Tuesdays, 7-9:30 a.m. at Recreation Center West
- Thursdays, 7-9:30 a.m. at Recreation Center West
The UT Dallas cheerleaders cheer all home games. Home games are generally on:
- Tuesday evenings
- Thursday evenings
- Friday afternoons and/or evenings
- Saturday afternoons and/or evenings
If chosen to represent UT Dallas at the NCA Collegiate National Championship, you will be asked to travel to Daytona Beach, FL the beginning of April. Also, if chosen you may be required to practice during spring break due to the timing of the championship.
Since UT Dallas is a NCAA Division III school, we do not offer scholarships for cheerleading. The University does pay for all uniforms, camp, and travel expenses to games and to the NCA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona Beach, FL. Uniform expenses paid for by the University include:
- Practice gear
Cheerleaders at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
Head Coach, Spirit Coordinator
Request an appearance for cheerleaders to attend your event.