The goal of the Retention Scholarship Program is to aid in the retention of UT Dallas students in the Academic Bridge Program or Diversity Scholars Program. This scholarship targets sophomores, juniors, or senior undergraduate students who have excelled academically but have unmet need after their financial aid has been awarded. This scholarship can be used to cover education-related expenses, including textbooks, summer classes, housing, and tuition. Students receiving other UT Dallas scholarships will be considered for this program if they have remaining unmet financial need.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The student must:
- Be an existing Diversity Scholarship recipient or an Academic Bridge Program student,
- Be classified as an undergraduate sophomore, junior or senior at UT Dallas and be enrolled full-time (12 or more credit hours each semester),
- Have a GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale,
- Have completed a 2019-20 FAFSA or TASFA
- Have financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office,
- Have been awarded financial aid and have additional unmet need
- Submit an essay on the topic, “How will the Retention Scholarship assist me in obtaining my college degree?” (Describe any specific challenges or circumstances that will prevent you from completing your degree.)
Scholarships will be disbursed in the following ways (awards will be based on funds available and students can re-apply for this award for multiple semesters):
- Tuition and Fees: Maximum of $2,500 per award
- Residence Hall/Apartment Scholarships: Maximum of $2,500 per award
- Textbook Scholarships: Maximum of $500 per award
- Summer Class scholarships: Ranges from $1,000 to $2,500 per award (must enroll in a minimum of four credit hours during summer term)
The deadline for the Retention Scholarship for Fall 2020 has passed. Information for Spring 2020 will be posted in October 2020.
Awards will be based on funds available and students can re-apply for this award for multiple semesters.
Applications for fall 2020 semester must be received by July 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. No Late Applications Will Be Accepted.
For More Information
For more information, contact [email protected]. Additional UT Dallas scholarship information is available on the Financial Aid Office website.