What is compliance training? Why does it matter?
Compliance training provides information on the laws and policies that apply to the University and what employees need to do to ensure compliance with these laws and policies. UT Dallas has two big reasons for requiring compliance training:
- It makes UT Dallas a better place to work.
- UT Dallas is required by state/federal law and UT System policy to deliver compliance training.
Who is required to take compliance training and when?
All employees must take compliance training. This includes full-time and part-time employees, student workers and research/teaching assistants. Employees are required to take compliance training:
- When first hired (new hire training must be completed within 30 days of hire).
- Once a year (refresher/annual training).
- A change in job duties (only if new job duties/department warrants additional training).
- A change in the regulations has occurred.
Departmental managers should contact the Office of Institutional Compliance to assign additional compliance training modules. New employees will be contacted via email when their online training account is ready (usually about 2 weeks from your hire date). If an employee has been employed for a month or more and has not received an email from the Office of Institutional Compliance, please email us at [email protected] so training can be assigned. Once new hire training has been completed, no additional training will be required until the next fiscal year. At that point, all employees will be required to complete refresher training on an annual basis.
How do I take the training?
UT Dallas delivers compliance training online. If you need in-person training please let us know, we’ll be happy to set it up. To take the training:
- Go to eLearning.
- Log in with your NetID and password (most NetIDs are three letters followed by six numbers, such as abc123000).
- Choose Compliance Training from the My Organizations section (usually located under the Course List section).
On-line Training Opportunities:
- New Employee Compliance Training – Assigned to all new employees upon hire.
- Annual Compliance Training – Assigned in spring semester of each year to existing employees who have not completed training during the current fiscal year.
- Job Specific Compliance Training – Depending upon job function, additional training could be assigned to new employees upon hire or to existing employees during Annual Training.
- Student Employee Compliance Training – Assigned to all student workers in September and then upon hire after September.
What if I don’t have my own UT Dallas computer?
Don’t worry. You have options:
- Student employees can use the campus computer labs.
- Non-student employees can use the computers in the UT Dallas library.
What if I have more questions?
If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.