Summer Camps & Conferences
Policies & Procedures
Each group with participants age 19 and under must have adult counselors reside on campus with them. Groups must provide appropriate counselor to participant ratio.
Guaranteed numbers for housing, dining, parking, and Activity Center are due 21 days prior to the first day of the camp/conference.
Roster with birthdates is required 14 days prior to the first day of the camp/conference.
All marketing materials for the overnight event must be submitted prior to their release.
Lifeguards are required for all minors and group events at outside swimming pools.
Internal Group - all participants are UT Dallas students, faculty and/or staff.
Sponsored Group - a UT Dallas department invites and jointly supports the group and is in compliance with the Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 80105-Joint Sponsorship of the Use of Property or Building.
- must not be political or sectarian,
- must have an evident education implication, and
- must not result in financial gain for the invited individual, group, association or corporation.
External Group - not internal or sponsored. All external groups may only use Special Use Facilities and Residential Conference Centers in accordance with the Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 80106- Special Use Facilities and Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 80112-Residential Conference Centers.
Group must provide and maintain a policy of comprehensive general liability insurance. The limit of liability for each occurrence shall not be less than:
- Each Occurrence Limit $1,000,000
- Damage to Rented Premises $300,000
- Medical Expenses (any one person) $10,000
- Personal & Advertising Injury $1,000,000
- General Aggregate $2,000,000
- Products - Completed Operations Aggregate $2,000,000
- The general liability policy must include Sexual Misconduct/Sexual Abuse coverage or Conference must maintain a separate Sexual Misconduct/Sexual Abuse Policy.
If applicable, group must provide and maintain Business Auto Liability Insurance covering all owned, non-owned or hired automobiles, with limits of not less than $1,000,000 single limit of liability per accident for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System and the contracting institution must be named as additional insured. The policy must be endorsed to reflect the additional insured status, provide a waiver of subrogation and primary and non-contributory language.
If applicable, group must provide and maintain Workers’ Compensation Insurance with statutory limits and Employers Liability Insurance with limits of not less than $1,000,000:
- Employers Liability - Each Accident $1,000,000
- Employers Liability - Each Employee $1,000,000
- Employers Liability - Policy Limit $1,000,000
- Workers’ Compensation policy must include a waiver of subrogation in favor of University and must be endorsed into the workers compensation policy.
All certificate of insurance must name The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System and The University of Texas at Dallas as certificate holders.
Internal Groups can purchase insurance at an affordable rate through the UT System Office of Risk Management. Forms are available for UT Dallas internal or sponsored groups:
External Groups may provide their own insurance or purchase Tenant Users Liability Insurance (TULIP) through UT Dallas. Groups interested in purchasing TULIP insurance will work through Residential Camps & Conference Services to do so.
If all participants are UT Dallas employees, insurance is not required.
Additional requirements for risk management will be discussed with each group on a case by case basis.
Each participant must submit the following forms prior to or at check in:
- Release and Indemnification Form
- Medical Information and Release Form
Criminal Background Checks
In accordance with UT Dallas Handbook of Operating Procedures (UTDBP3000, 3.4), any individual who engages in activities with minors is required to complete an annual criminal background check. Each person working with a camp/conference or supervising minors must show proof of a completed criminal background check.
Safety for Minors
Conferences that have Conferees under the age of 18 are considered a Campus Program for Minors. All Campus Programs for Minors must comply with the policies and procedures set forth by the UT Dallas Program for Minors Office. UT Dallas operated and sponsored camps must work with the Programs for Minors Office directly. Residential Camps & Conference Services will work with the Programs for Minors Office for external groups. More information may be found at www.utdallas.edu/pfm.