Requirements for Completion
This list is not exhaustive of the expectations for intern experiences. However, at a minimum for successful completion of the internship, interns are required to meet the following requirements:
- 500 Direct Service Hours — Direct service includes individual, group, and couples counseling, crisis intervention, consultation with clients or concerned family members/staff/faculty, providing outreach services, providing supervision, leading psycho-educational trainings to trainees and staff & conducting assessments.
- Monthly Completion of the Intern Log which documents the 2,000-hour internship and direct service requirements.
- Completion of Brief Psychological Assessments — Interns will complete a variety of assessments, including (but not limited to), Personality Assessment Inventories (PAI), ADHD Screenings, and Adult Asperger Assessments (AAA).
- Participation in Six Outreach Activities — Interns will be presenting in workshops, classroom presentations and representing the SCC at awareness tables. At least four of the outreach activities must be a presentation.
- Completion of an Intern Individual or Group Outreach Project — Interns will complete an intern outreach project, approved by the Outreach Coordinator.
- Completion of Two Formal Case Presentations — Interns write and present a formal case presentation once each semester in the Staff group supervision.
- Clinical Topic Presentations — Interns will present a clinical topic presentation to practicum students in the Practicum Training Seminar. Interns will also present a Clinical Applications presentation in the Clinical Issues seminar to staff and fellow interns.
- Co-Facilitation of a Group with a Senior Staff Member — At a minimum, interns are required to co-facilitate at least two groups during their internship year.
- Successful Attainment of Minimum Thresholds for Identified Competencies on Evaluation Forms.