Broader Impacts refers to the potential for research to advance knowledge and benefit society. The Office of Diversity and Community Engagement (ODCE) welcomes opportunities that support the needs of the campus community and the broader community. Using five overarching strategic goals as a guide, ODCE's various programs, services, and initiatives result in eight main ODCE outcomes that we connect to broader impacts.
Outcomes (Broader Impacts):
- ODCE sponsored meetings/workshops/lectures/seminars will inform individuals about various dimensions of diversity and inclusion.
- ODCE’s diversity-focused classroom presentations, modules, and dialogues will inform individuals about various dimensions of diversity and inclusion.
- With corporate, community, and university contributions, ODCE will provide students with opportunities to pursue their academic education, participate in professional development and leadership opportunities and serve as university ambassadors.
- ODCE will provide print and electronic media, cultural celebrations, and other opportunities to recognize individuals and organizations who positively impacted the campus community.
- ODCE will provide opportunities to participate in workshops/trainings/events/resources focused on LGBT advocacy, health/wellness, and work/life engagement.