Incoming Exchange Students
Thank you for your interest in participating as an exchange student at The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas). UT Dallas is a research-oriented university with emphasis on interdisciplinary and applied programs with a large international population.
See the Incoming Exchange Fact Sheet for more information about UT Dallas and the exchange process.
Please keep in mind that exchange mobility is available to students whose home institution has an exchange agreement with UT Dallas. See the Portfolio of International Partnerships to find out if UT Dallas has an exchange agreement with your home institution.
The University of Texas at Dallas
Phone: 972 883-4715
Nomination and Application
Your home institution is required to nominate you as an exchange student to the UT Dallas Education Abroad office at [email protected].
- Fall Semester - April 1
- Spring Semester - September 1
After the nomination is approved, the international exchange students coming to UT Dallas are required to complete the admissions application and submit required documents:
- Complete the online exchange application (link will be sent to student after the nomination is approved)
- Official Transcript (mailed directly from home university to UT Dallas)
- Official Language Proficiency exam score (mailed directly from the testing site to UT Dallas)
Mail items to:Education Abroad UT Dallas International Center 800 W. Campbell Rd. SSB34 Richardson, TX 75080, USA
Once your admission is approved, the International Student Services Office (ISSO) will contact you for more documentation that is required to issue your immigration documents needed for your student visa.
- See more information about immigration requirements on the J-1 Students page.
- Keep in mind that you are required to submit a financial affidavit to confirm your financial resources for living expenses, books, and health insurance during the length of the exchange program.
- You will be responsible for any immigration fee.
- Other requirements are listed on the Checklist of important assignments you must complete as you prepare to register for classes.
Undergraduate exchange students must to register for at least 12 credit hours during the fall or spring semester. Graduate exchange students must to register for at least 9 credit hours during the fall or spring semester.
You cannot register for classes until holds on your account are removed. This includes: International Student Orientation hold, TB test hold, and Cannot Register Online hold. These actions must be completed after arriving to the U.S. More details are available on the New International Student Checklist.
Transfer of Credits:
Upon completion of your program at UT Dallas, you are responsible for requesting your transcript from the Registrar. In order to request your transcripts, ensure your UT Dallas account has zero dollar balance, and there are no holds on your account. For more information, visit the Office of the Registrar's web site.