“When I left the Air Force Academy, I wanted to go to a place that would provide a quality education without having to pay private school tuition. UT Dallas really stood out from the other schools I was considering. It offers a high quality education that's comparable with many of the nation's top-ranked schools.”
― Brandon Maxey
While a large number of undergraduate students in the School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences (EPPS) enter UT Dallas from high school, some study for a year or two at local community colleges, then transfer credits to EPPS.
Comet Connection is specifically for students who begin at community college and know they would like to complete their degree at The University of Texas at Dallas. This unique program invites transfer students to become acquainted with the many services available to UT Dallas students.
EPPS Transfer Scholarships
The School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences (EPPS) Scholarship is for qualified first-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate transfer students enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester credit hours. Transfer students are defined as individuals who have completed college-level course work beyond high school graduation (excluding the summer immediately after high school graduation).
This scholarship can be used to cover education related expenses including tuition and fees. Each recipient will receive a one-time $500 award, credited to their student account. The EPPS scholarship committee will select up to 5 awardees. Click here to access the application.
- The student must be admitted as a transfer.
- The student must be an undergraduate student enrolling for the first time at UT Dallas.
- The student must have a cumulative transferable GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, at the time of admission.
- The student must submit an essay on the topic indicated on the application.
- The student must have earned at least 30, but no more than 90, transferable semester credit hours.
- This scholarship is only awarded for fall or spring semesters to new students and is not deferrable.
- The student must have a declared major in EPPS. Qualified majors include: Criminology, Economics, Geospatial Science, International Political Economy, Political Science, Public Affairs, and Sociology.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is December 19, 2014. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on this date. No late applications will be accepted.
Completed applications should be mailed to: EPPS Dean's Office
The University of Texas at Dallas
School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
800 West Campbell Rd, GR 31
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Other Helpful Links:
Transfer Student Services Office
The Transfer Student Services Office offers support to new and returning transfer students on the UT Dallas campus.
Advisors within the School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences are also available to answer questions about transferring to UT Dallas and programs in the school.