Admissions and Enrollment
- Emergency Notification
- UTDAlert text messaging system
- UT Dallas Police Department
- BAIT (Behavior Assessment and Intervention Team)
- Office of Emergency Management
Release of Information (FERPA)
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 provides privacy protection of a student's academic record and limits the release of such records without the student's consent. This law gives students the right to:
- Inspect and review their educational records
- Know what information UT Dallas maintains
- Amend the records if errors are present
The act further provides that the University may disclose such records to parents or legal guardians if the student is a dependent as defined in Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires a child who is a dependent be:
- Under the age of 24
- Claimed on the parent's most recent federal income tax return
The U.S. Department of Education enforces FERPA laws. Please see their General Guidance for Parents website for more information.
Visiting UT Dallas
Whether you're in town for orientation, move-in, Family Day or just stopping in for a visit, planning your trip ahead of time will help you and your student feel at ease. Stay at local hotels and check out the UT Dallas visitors page for directions, attractions and more.