- 24-hour on call staff.
- Card access to buildings and rooms.
- IPTV (streaming television).
- Study lounges.
- Ping pong, foosball and pool tables located in five residence hall locations.
- Courtyard areas for outdoor seating, five swimming pools, sand volleyball and outdoor sport courts are available for use by summer housing guests.
- If purchased, access to the Rec Center West and Activity Center with natatorium, fitness center, indoor courts, a climbing wall and athletic fields is available.
Arrangements for access to the Recreational Facilities not located within housing can be made at the time of your reservation. Group use of any available facility requires a reservation and is subject to housing and university rules.
Dining and Food Services
- Dining hall near residence hall housing areas with all-you-care-to-eat menu.
- Banquet facilities for up to 300 diners.
- Retail options in the central part of campus featuring Chick-fil-A, Subway, Chef's Kitchen, Einstein Bros Bagels and The PUB, a sitdown restaurant with great food and a fun atmosphere.
- Catering available.
For retail location and hours, please visit utdallas.edu/dining.
What to Bring
- Bed linens or sleeping bag.
- In University Commons, mattresses are XL twin.
- In Canyon Creek Heights North, mattresses are XL twin.
- In Canyon Creek Heights South, mattresses are full-sized.
- Towels and washcloths.
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, hand soap, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.).
- Blow dryer.
- Laundry detergent.
- Laundry bag.
- Trash bags.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Clothes hangers.
- Toilet paper.
- Swimsuit (there is a pool, but no lifeguard on duty).
- Basketball or other sports gear.
- Coffee pot with automatic shut off.
- Cell phone (we do not provide phones in rooms).
Do Not Bring
- Hot plates.
- Cooking appliances.