- Affordable Care Act Notice (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Claim / Reimbursement Forms
- Annual Enrollment FAQ
- Insurance Premium Rates and Cost Worksheet
- UT Office of Employee Benefits
- Changing your Beneficiaries
- My UT Benefits (UTD ID required)
- MyTRS Online Account Access (New!)
- My Retirement Manager (UTD ID Required)
- My Retirement Outlook
- UT FLEX Accounts/Express Claims
- BCBS Blue Access for Members
- Dearborn National Online Services
- Find a Doctor or Pharmacy
- Educate Me Video Library
The University of Texas at Dallas offers a comprehensive insurance, retirement, and workplace benefit program to employees and retirees. The staff of Employee Benefit Services focus on assisting you in understanding and maximizing the benefits programs offered to you. Our mission is customer based and service oriented. We offer individualized, quality customer service to employees and retirees. Benefits staff provide enrollment assistance, assistance with family status changes, act as liaisons on benefits related issues and are happy to help with any question.
Annual Benefits Enrollment
The UT System Office of Employee Benefits announced changes to the 2014-2015 benefits plans in the July issue of the A Matter of Health newsletter. Highlights of the changes include:
- The UT Select Medical Plan Premium rate will reflect a 6 percent increase. View the new rates and estimate your out-of-pocket costs.
- The prescription drug plan will no longer cover most compound medications. Changing the management of these medications, which cost the plan an additional $28 million this year, will reduce overall premiums.
- The UTSW Pilot Program (PDF, 210KB) will close effective August 31, 2014. The UT System Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) will analyze the pilot to determine whether a special UT Tiered Benefit is appropriate to include in the plan in future years.
- The UT SELECT Medical plan will introduce the Benefits Value Advisor (BVA.) The BVA is a Blue Cross and Blue Shield hosted tool which will help members shop for care that is high-quality and cost-effective.
- A new $100 copayment will be added to the plan for outpatient and non-emergency CT Scans and MRIs. Patients may request this fee to be waived by calling a BVA before receiving the care.
- The UT Select Dental Basic and Dental Plus rates increased by 5 percent due to plan utilization and increased demand. These plans have not had a rate increase since 2010-11.
- As a result of the new Health Care Provider fee under the Affordable Care Act for fully insured products, the rates for the following plans increased accordingly:
- Dental HMO – 2.5 percent
- Vision Plan (Basic and Plus) – 2.5 percent
New Employees, Newly Benefits-Eligible Employees, and Life Event Changes
Do not enroll through My UT Benefits if you:
Experienced a life event change
If you experience a life event change (i.e. marriage, divorce or birth of a child) contact a Benefits Specialist (email@example.com) within 31 days from the date of the event to make changes to your benefits. Complete the enrollment forms as appropriate and follow the same steps as outlined below for new hires/newly eligible employees. A Benefits Specialist will be able to guide you through this process.
Were hired or became benefits-eligible
New hires and newly benefits-eligible employees have 31 days to enroll from their start date or benefits-eligible date.
To ensure accurate processing of your benefits, please take the following steps:
- Review your paychecks to ensure that the benefits you selected are reflected on your check accurately. Please keep in mind that your benefits selection will be processed based on when you submit the required forms and the payroll processing deadlines.
- Immediately contact a Benefits Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your checks do not reflect the coverage you selected. Corrections not reported within 31 days from the date of receiving your paychecks corresponding with the date of change you made, will have to be submitted to the UT System Office of Employee Benefits for approval.
January 29, 2015 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Last Updated: February 6, 2015