These advisory groups are forums, channels of communication, planning groups and representative bodies of interested people passionate about making a difference in the internationalization of UT Dallas. These advisory groups can impact the shape, the course and the how of internationalization goals at UT Dallas. For information about UT Dallas International Center advisory groups, please contact us at 972-883-4189 or [email protected].
The Advisory Council on International Education (ACIE) is a council to inform the policy and direction of international education activities at UT Dallas. The ACIE was approved by the UT System Board of Regents on November 13, 2008.
- Provide recommendations on specific University-level international initiatives
- Institutional partnership development strategy.
- Changes to Education Abroad, including initiatives for expanded access.
- International scholarship program changes.
- Recruitment and retention initiatives for international faculty/staff/students.
- Regional/ academic/ program focus for international activities.
- Engage in Strategic Planning for campus-wide internationalization
- Provide information/data for an inventory of international activities.
- Suggest/ endorse metrics.
- Suggest/ endorse assessment measures.
- ACIE Report
- Participate in creation of ACIE report to demonstrate UT Dallas internationalization efforts and impact.
The International Center Student Council (ICSC) will be established in 2015, and will provide students with a forum to identify and examine issues of great importance to international students. It will provide the student voice which is essential to the International Center’s missionn.
- Provide a forum for issues affecting international students.
- Maintain open channels of communication among international students, international student groups, and IC staff.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of campus events and initiatives.
- Represent the international student body as needed in campus focus groups, etc.
- Engage in additional projects and activities as determined by the International Center.
- Membership will be open to both international and American students, students at all degree levels, and students of all majors.
- ICSC members will be selected through a competitive application process and serve terms of one academic year (fall and spring terms). Members may re-apply to join ICSC for the following year.
- A leadership opportunity for students to connect with the International Center, international student associations, and the greater international student population.
- An opportunity for students to see the bigger picture of decisions made at UT Dallas and to help shape them.
Faculty and Staff Immigration Advisory Council
Read more >>
The Faculty and Staff Immigration Advisory Council will be established in 2015, and will provide a formal method for obtaining feedback, guidance, and institutional policy and practice approval from the UT Dallas community who have a vested interest in institutional policies and practices that impact international students and scholars.
<< Read less