If you Require Critical Immigration Emergency Assistance (F-1 or J-1 international students):
If you are in the U.S. and experiencing a critical immigration emergency outside International Center business hours, call the UT Dallas Police at 972-883-2222.
In the event of a disaster on the UT Dallas campus or in the surrounding area, international students with F-1 or J-1 status should follow the steps below related to their immigration status
- Locate important immigration documents: Passport, visa, I-94, I-20/DS-2019, social security card, driver’s license, EAD card, credit cards, cash, plane ticket if applicable.
- Report your location and health status to the ISSO by calling 972-883-4189 or e-mailing [email protected].
- J-1 students whose DS-2019 was not issued by UT Dallas, contact their program sponsor.
- If you require repatriation or other emergency assistance and cannot contact ISSO or the UT Dallas Police, contact the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Response Center at 703-603-3400 or by e-mailing [email protected].
If you are traveling outside the U.S. on behalf of the University
- Contact Local Assistance
- Call the nearest available International SOS center:
a. Philadelphia: 1.215.942.8478, Sydney: 61.2.9372.2468, Singapore: 65.6338.7800, London: 184.108.40.20662.8008. Call collect where available.
b. Identify yourself as a UT Dallas faculty, staff or student member (Member #11BSGC000037).
If you are on campus
- In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 immediately
- In non-emergency situations, dial 972-883-2222 or extension 2222 from any campus phone to contact the UT Dallas Police Department.