There are various opportunities available for students who are interested in improving their conversational English. These sessions do not require any registration and students are welcome to join in one or all of these sessions.
- iEngage, hosted by the International Center, is held every Tuesday afternoon (when classes are in session) from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m in SSB 3.107. All students are invited to engage in weekly conversations on a variety of topics with a cultural twist. Check the Comet Calendar for session topics and dates.
- International Christian Fellowship hosts English classes each long semester (Fall and Spring), led by American volunteers. Classes are typically held each Monday and Thursday from 12:00pm to 1:00pm, but check the ICF calendar to verify all dates and times. Held in SSB 3.107
- FriendSpeak meets every Wednesday night from 6:00 to 7:00pm in the Student Union. Each participant is paired with an American volunteer to read a series of books adapted from stories in the Bible, as well as talk about shared topics of interest. Check the FriendSpeak website for more details.
- The UT Dallas Writing Center offers individual appointments and group workshops to help students identify their writing strengths and weaknesses. All Writing Center services are free for UTD students.
- The UT Dallas Callier Center has various adult programs and services, including accent reduction for non-native English speakers. View their webpage for more information.
Business Communications Center
- The purpose of the Jindal School of Management (JSOM) Business Communication Center is to help students improve thier writing and speaking skills in order to become more effective communicators. JSOM’s BCC is only available to JSOM majors or students currently enrolled in a JSOM course. Visit the website to explore what the BCC has to offer.