There are various opportunities available for students who are interested in improving their conversational English. These sessions do not require any registration and students are welcome to join in one or all of these sessions.
- International Christian Fellowship hosts English classes each long semester (Fall and Spring), led by American volunteers. Classes are typically held at the following times and locations:
- Mondays from 12:00pm to 1:30pm in SSB 3.107
- Thursdays from 12:00pm to 1:30pm in SSA 14.245
- FriendSpeak is a free one-on-one English conversation class. Each person is assigned to an American volunteer to read a series of books adapted from stories in the Bible as well as talk about any interesting subject. Many people come to improve their English, but they end up making life-long friends. The setting is classroom style, but the environment is very causal with the goal of benefiting the student’s language skills. Classes meet most days of the week and a regularly scheduled class meets:
- Wednesday Evenings 6:00 – 7:00 PM in the Student Union
- The UT Dallas Writing Center offers individual appointments and group workshops to help students identify their writing strengths and weaknesses. All Writing Center services are free for UTD students.
- The UT Dallas Callier Center has various adult programs and services, including accent reduction for non-native English speakers. View their webpage for more information.
Business Communications Center
- The purpose of the Jindal School of Management (JSOM) Business Communication Center is to help students improve thier writing and speaking skills in order to become more effective communicators. JSOM’s BCC is only available to JSOM majors or students currently enrolled in a JSOM course. Visit the website to explore what the BCC has to offer.