Many students choose to live on-campus because of the convenience, security, and amenities. There are three options if you choose to live on-campus:
- Canyon Creek Heights – furnished apartments available to Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Graduate students
- University Village – unfurnished apartments available to Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Graduate students
- University Commons – residence halls; all first-year Freshman who choose to live on campus are required to live in University Commons; also available to Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Graduate students.
Spaces are available for Spring 2019. To learn more and to apply for permanent housing visit the housing webpage at: utdallas.edu/housing.
Comet Cruisers are local buses which connect UT Dallas to several local housing communities. There are several Comet Cruiser routes: Route 883 East, Route 883 West, McCallum Express, and Cityline/Bush Express. Many students search for accommodations along these routes, because it allows easy access to campus. In addition, students can travel to and from campus via regular Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) bus routes. Learn more about local transportation options on the on the Parking and Transportation website.
There are a variety of other housing options close to UT Dallas, but it is important to consider proximity to campus and your transportation options. To learn more about methods for selecting an apartment, and the leasing procedures in Texas, watch our housing video on Youtube and Youku.
UT Dallas offers accommodations at a nightly rate of $33.00 from December 15 through January 18. This temporary accommodation includes a furnished room in a shared bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and a linen packet that includes a towel, bedding, and pillow. To learn more and to apply for permanent housing visit the housing webpage at: utdallas.edu/housing. To request temporary housing please submit a temporary stay request here.
- See a list of hotels and residence suites near UT Dallas.
- Some UT Dallas student organizations provide temporary housing and airport pick-ups for new students. The following international student organizations have assisted new students with these services in the past:
Please contact these groups directly for more information.
Crime Prevention and Safety Resources
The UT Dallas Police Department provides a variety of on-campus Crime Prevention Services, including home security surveys and safety escorts. Additional information and personal safety tips can be found through the Richardson Police Department and the Dallas Police Department (preventing home burglaries in apartment residences).