International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation provides valuable information to ease your transition to UT Dallas. During International Student Orientation you can discover campus resources, fulfill your International Student Orientation requirement, and answer questions about registering for classes.
International Student Orientation is mandatory for F-1 and J-1 visa holders enrolling at UT Dallas for the first time. It is also required of students changing their visa status to F-1. Once you attend International Student Orientation and complete the mandatory Pre-Arrival Modules, your orientation registration hold will be removed.
- Review the New Student Checklist of important assignments to complete, as you prepare to register for classes.
- For questions about International Student Orientation or the items on the checklist, email [email protected]
- For questions about your F-1 immigration status email [email protected]
- Pre-Arrival Modules are required for all F-1 and J-1, new, overseas students as part of your International Student Orientation hold. To access, log into eLearning with your Net-ID and password and choose "Pre-Arrival Modules for International Students" under "My Organizations."
Please note: Pre-Arrival Modules for Spring 2019 students will be available in October.
To register for International Student Orientation, please choose the link below that applies to you:
Graduate & Exchange
Registration for Spring 2019 International Student Orientation is now open. Click here to register. International Student Orientation dates for Spring 2019 are:
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Email [email protected] with questions.
International undergraduate Freshman students are strongly encouraged to attend Freshman Orientation. A special meeting at these orientations will fulfill your International Student Orientation requirement. Check your Freshman Orientation agenda for timing and location of this meeting. If you are an Honors student, and are required to attend Honors Orientation, email [email protected] to discuss more about your orientation requirements. If you are a Transfer Student, please attend a regularly scheduled International Student Orientation. Click here to register.
Change of Status
International Student Orientation is required of all F-1 students their first semester at UT Dallas. If you have not attended an International Student Orientation previously, a hold will be added to your UT Dallas record once you apply for change of status. The hold prevents class registration, and can only be removed once the requirement is fulfilled.
There are two ways for change of status students to fulfill the International Student Orientation requirement:
- Attend any regularly scheduled International Student Orientation, hosted at the beginning of each semester.
- Attend a Changing to F-1 Status Workshop, hosted monthly. Note: this option is only for continuing (not prospective) UTD students.
Policies of Orientation
- Check your email for an “Orientation Reminder” two weeks prior to your orientation date.
- To change your orientation date, resubmit the online form for your desired date. Only your most recent registration will be taken into account.
- If a student is more than 20 minutes late checking in for orientation, they must attend the next scheduled session.
- The $50 Orientation Fee is assessed along with a student’s tuition and fees.