Continue Coverage After Graduation

If you are graduating this semester, are currently insured under UT SHIP and have had continuous coverage on your policy for at least six months, you are eligible to continue your coverage for an additional three months. The insurance company has additional rules that apply.

Please read rules and instructions listed below:

  • Is only available for international students.
  • Print the Enrollment Form - Continuation.
  • You must complete the application, include your premium payment and mail to the insurance company. They must receive this form within 30 days of the expiration of the current policy. If they do not receive it by this date, your application and payment will be denied and returned to you.
  • You must predetermine how many months of coverage you want. You may choose a one month minimum up to a three month maximum.
  • You must pre-pay for the total number of months you wish to have insurance.

Continuation of Coverage Monthly Rate

Student Spouse Each Child
$232.50 $232.50 $373

How to Submit

By Mail — Send your Continuation of Coverage application and payment to:

Academic HealthPlans, Inc.
P.O. Box 1605
Colleyville, Texas 76034-1605

By Fax — You may also fax your completed form (if paying by credit card only) to Academic HealthPlans at 1-855-858-1964.

college students at the plinth

Coverage for Summer

All students holding non-immigrant visas and enrolled in summer classes are automatically enrolled in UT SHIP. Non‑immigrant visa holders not registered for summer courses do not automatically have medical coverage.

If you would like to have health insurance during the summer semester while you are not taking any classes, then you may enroll directly with the insurance company. To enroll, please fill out the Enrollment Form - International Dependent. You must enroll during the summer open enrollment period. For information about how to enroll in UT SHIP, please see how to purchase student health insurance or contact our office.