International Education Development Committee
The International Education Development Committee (IEDC) is a university-wide standing committee created in September 2017 and appointed by the President. The IEDC replaces the ad hoc International Partnership Development Committee (IPDC), created in November 2014, to respond strategically to the growing number of international partnerships proposed by faculty.
The IEDC is dedicated to strengthening and to enriching the development of strategic international programs and institutional partnerships that contribute to UT Dallas’ mission. The committee meets once per month as necessary to review and to discuss strategic issues of UT Dallas internationalization, including the feasibility of proposed international programs and international partnerships.
Programs and partnerships under the purview of this committee include, but are not limited to: education-abroad programs, faculty-led international programs, reciprocal student exchange agreements, affiliation agreements, degree program agreements, dual degree program agreements (undergraduate and graduate), and Cotutelle agreements.
- Establishes guidelines and processes, suggests policy recommendations to the Council on Undergraduate Education, the Council for Graduate Education, and the Committee on Educational Policy, while proposing institutional structures to support a holistic, strategic approach to international programs and partnerships.
- Evaluates the design and implementation of international programs and partnerships to support alignment with established institutional criteria, professional standards, best practices, and institutional mission.
- Reviews new international program and partnership proposals and makes recommendations to the Provost and President for final approval.
|Title||Name||Policy recommendations||Partnership Agreements|
|1||Undergraduate student representative nominated by Student Government||Sravya Boppuri||Voting member||Voting member|
|2||Graduate student representative nominated by Student Government||JW Van Der Schans||Voting member||Voting member|
|3||Professor, Physics||Anvar Zakhidov||Voting member||Voting member|
|4||Associate Professor, Management||Jane Salk||Voting member||Voting member|
|5||Professor, Material Science Engineering||Manuel Quevedo-Lopez||Voting member||Voting member|
|6||Professor, Electrical Engineering||Andrew Blanchard||Voting member||Voting member|
|7||Dean of Undergraduate Studies||Jessica Murphy||Voting member||Voting member|
|8||Dean of Graduate Studies||Marion Underwood||Voting member||Voting member|
|9||Hobson Wildenthal Honors College representative||Edward Harpham||Voting member||Voting member|
|10||Vice President for Research or designee||Sanaz Okhovat||Voting member||Voting member|
|11||International Center Interim Senior Director||Leticia Zamarripa||Voting member||Voting member|
|12||SACSCOC Liaison||Serenity King||Voting member||Voting member|
|13||Director of Admissions||Wray Weldon||Voting member||Non-voting member|
|14||University Registrar||Jennifer Mcdowell||Voting member||Non-voting member|
|15||Director of Education Abroad||Lisabeth Lassiter||Voting member||Non-voting member|
|16||International Partnership Development Director, Interim Chair||Rodolfo Hernandez||Voting member||Non-voting member|
- The committee meets the last Thursday of each month.
- Agenda topics, including partnership proposals, should be submitted to [email protected] no later than the previous Thursday to the IEDC meeting (5 p.m. CT) to be included in the IEDC agenda / meeting.
- The agenda is formed on a first-come, first-added basis.
- Please consult Guidelines for Establishing Partnerships and Submitting and Executing an International Partnership.