Here are the instructions for installing and signing into Lync:
1. Go to P:\Installs\Microsoft public\Lync
2. If you have Windows 7 32-bit, double click on the folder titled "Windows x86" and double click on the file named "LyncSetup". If you have Windows 7 64-bit, double click on the folder titled "Windows x64" and double click on the file named "LyncSetup".
Note: Windows will automatically determine whether or not you are downloading the right version.
3. On the Start menu, click All Programs, click Microsoft Lync, and then click Microsoft Lync 2010.
4. Your Sign-in address is your NetID@utdallas.edu address.
5. Click your presence status if you want to change it, or click Reset Status to let Lync 2010 set your status automatically based on your activity or Microsoft® Outlook calendar.