The International Student Services Office (ISSO) includes eleven full time staff, assists international students with immigration matters (prospective, current, and graduated students), federal SEVIS reporting, student immigration advising, F and J immigration processing, and ancillary immigration programs and services.
The ISSO serves as a primary resource to the UT Dallas international community in the following ways:
- Processes new and updated I-20s for F-1 students and DS-2019s for J-1 students
- Advises international students and their dependents, UTD staff and faculty in academic units, along with non-academic units
- Verifies, tracks, and submits immigration status notifications through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Provides updated travel signatures and letters needed for verification of student status, financial expenses, student employment, social security number or driver’s license applications, and other immigration related matters
- Conducts sessions and informational workshops regarding immigration benefits for students