Immigration Advising Resources
The ISSO Website
Best method for information about:
- General F-1 and J-1 questions
- Work authorizations
- Visa status requirements
- Travel tips
- Enrollment requirements
- Request forms
E-mail Advising - ISSOCurrent@utdallas.edu
Email an ISSO advisor and receive a response within one business day. Best method for:
- General F/J status and application questions
- Submitting requests for letters and OPT, reporting changes in OPT employment, etc.
Phone and In-Person Advising
Discuss immigration matters with an ISSO advisor on the phone, or in person. First-come, first-served during advising hours:
- Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
To put yourself in a virtual queue for either in-person or phone advising during advising hours, you have the following options:
- Text “utdal intl” to 310-740-7906
- Register online at http://kiosk.qless.com (userid: utdallas.intl.kiosk / password: qless)
- Call the ISSO at 972-883-4189 and ask to be placed in the advising queue
Brochures and Handouts
Available at the ISSO during office hours.